EMPOWERING YOUR CAREER
We are looking for a Graduate Actuarial Analyst – Actuarial Systems (Chertsey)
to join our team in Chertsey, England, United Kingdom
- Chertsey, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- FIS Global
- 23 Apr 18
Prophet is a leading enterprise-wide actuarial modelling system that helps insurance and financial services companies meet reporting responsibilities, improve risk management, and develop more profitable products faster. Over 10,000 users, across nearly 1000 customer sites, in more than 70 countries, rely on Prophet to model their firm's financial business. The Prophet department contains three core actuarial teams:
• Actuarial systems team - design and architecture of the Prophet Professional and Enterprise editions
• Actuarial library development team - development of the actuarial codebase, to meet the latest international business requirements
• Professional services team - working with FIS' customers around the world, implementing solutions to get the best out of Prophet
Graduate Actuarial Analysts
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for recent graduates to join FIS' actuarial systems team, which is responsible for the design and architecture of Prophet. In this role, you will build an understanding of insurance products and regulatory developments affecting the insurance industry worldwide and develop technical system features to a level of excellence. Full training on Prophet will be provided and graduates will quickly become experts in using and developing Prophet models. Responsibilities in the role will include:
• Understand both regulatory and client needs to specify enhancements for the Prophet Suite; Prophet Professional, Enterprise and more
• Work and communicate within the Agile team environment, answering questions, and contributing to the overall development process
• Problem solve and provide solutions to technical challenges with the aim of becoming a subject matter expert
• Assist with user acceptance testing and sign-off of new product changes
• Support helpdesk teams for client cases
• Help communicate upcoming functionality for releases with customers
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking highly-motivated individuals with excellent interpersonal, problem-solving and analytical skills:
• Graduating (minimum 2:1) in a numerate/scientific/analytical discipline e.g. actuarial science, maths, physics, economics
• Proactive, enthusiastic and looking to be challenged!
• Aspiring to develop a successful actuarial career with a leading financial technology company!
• Interested in software developments and new technologies
Training & Development
Your development is important to us and we will support your learning needs with a robust program of online, classroom and on-the-job training. Upon joining FIS, you will attend the core graduate training week designed to provide you with an overview of how our organisation is structured, our technology and the markets we serve.
As you settle into your new role, you will continue your learning journey with your business unit and will receive product and technical training, specific to your role. As you build experience in your role, you will become a member of the UK actuarial profession and will be supported towards qualification as an actuary. Support may include but is not limited to study support, attendance at tutorials and entry to examinations.
Additionally, you will attend training sessions periodically, focused on professional skills that you will build on throughout your career.
What are we offering?
• A range of benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, company pension, travel insurance and more!
• A fun, collaborative and supportive team environment
• Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
• Opportunity to build your knowledge of the insurance industry
• Study support towards qualification as an actuary
Interested to find out more? Apply now to become part of the FIS team! We look forwards to recieving your application.