Head of Services - Retail Accounts
- Chelmsford, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Feb 19
We’re hiring! Aon are currently recruiting a Head of Service - Retail Accounts to join our team in London/Chelmsford. The Head of Service - Retail Accounts will be primarily responsible for the delivery and development of fiduciary services to the Retail and Global Client businesses.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
Your impact as a Head of Service - Retail Accounts:
- Manage the interface between fiduciary accounts and the business units. Provide leadership and ensure meaningful targets are set and achieved through agreement and collaboration with the business.
- Utilise significant fiduciary, financial, operational and change management skills to deliver operational and financial benefit to Aon Limited.
- Manage numerous activities or workstreams aimed at significantly improving the end to end service.
- Lead the design and implementation of processes aimed at improving efficiency and enhancing the control environment
- Work collaboratively with our outsource partner (XBS) to improve service
- Support Senior Management in the achievement of Strategic business objectives.
- Support the development of a robust, efficient and cost sensitive strategy which for Fiduciary Accounts within Aon UK Limited.
- Understand complex internal and external accounting problems and propose solutions
- Produce regular reports to management on key targets, projects and issues
- Produce project summaries or presentations as required.
- Propose changes which will reduce risk or improve service
- Ensure all policies, procedures, processes and controls which underpin fiduciary or operational processes for your business area are appropriately maintained and all proposed changes approved by owners.
- Support a risk proportionate control and oversight function for Fiduciary Accounts within Aon Risk Solutions.
- Sponsor, lead or manage initiatives as requested by management
- Develop and maintain key internal or external relationships (e.g. underwriters, auditors)
- Responsibility for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Your knowledge and expertise:
- Minimum A level standard
- Insurance qualifications preferred but not essential
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Enthusiastic team player with strong relationship building skills
- Well - developed infleuncing skills
- Experience of working with an offshore serice provider
- Strong understanding of the UK Regulatory environment
- Experience of organizational change programs
- Strong understanding of and experience of insurance broking accounts
- Excellent analytical, numerical and information gathering skills. Able to use analytical skills and knowledge to identify key risk areas
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to communicate well across all organisational levels.
- Motivation, coaching and development of staff and evidence of proactive management of performance issues.
- Upholds and demonstrates leadership values.