Claims Service Advisor
- Chelmsford, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Feb 19
We’re hiring! Aon are currently recruiting a Claims Service Advocate to join our team in Chelmsford. The Service Advocate will be primarily responsible for the claims servicing of both Direct and Reinsurance clients with the primary objective of obtaining agreement & settlement as efficiently as possible while maintaining a high level of client service.
About Aon Reinsurance Solutions
Aon Reinsurance Solutions, a division of Aon plc, is the world’s leading reinsurance intermediary and full-service capital advisor. We empower our clients to better understand, manage and transfer risk through innovative solutions and personalised access to all forms of global reinsurance capital across treaty, facultative and capital markets. As a trusted advocate, we deliver local reach to the world’s markets, an unparalleled investment in innovative analytics, including catastrophe management, actuarial and rating agency advisory. Through our professionals’ expertise and experience, we advise clients in making optimal capital choices that will empower results and improve operational effectiveness for their business. With more than 80 offices in 50 countries, our worldwide client base has access to the broadest portfolio of integrated capital solutions and services. To learn how Aon Reinsurance Solutions helps empower results, please visit www.aon.com.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
As a Claims Service Advocate some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Claims Processing: Timely processing of Reinsurance Claims and Binders including the management of offshore processing.
- Query Handling: Manage & resolve incoming queries quickly & efficiently, maintaining good client communication.
- Payment: Monitor & prioritise Open Balances and Held Funds, proactively taking remedial action where required to facilitate payment to the client.
- Client Service: Build and foster relationships with external parties, keeping all stakeholders advised of developments as they occur.
- Internal Communication: Effectively communicate across a network of internal contacts and business units.
- Portfolio Management: Use core systems & reports to manage workloads across agreed Key Result Areas, proactively taking remedial action where results are not in line with expectations.
- Risk Management: Ensure processes, procedures and compliance policies are always adhered to.
As a Claims Service Advocate your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Preferred knowledge of Reinsurance Excess of Loss claims and Binders with experience of end to end claim handling.
- Knowledge of the London Market and associated systems including ECF and CLASS.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven interpersonal skills with a track record dealing with domestic and international clients.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good ability to work under your own initiative and as part of a team.
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.