Deputy Head of Banking Operations - Banking Operations Guernsey - Great Britain
Description of the Business Line or Department
KH Operations comprises of the following areas -
Banking Operations - Banking, Treasury Back Operations, e-Banking, Cards, Open Banking, Scanning and Reception
Fees and Billing
Securities Operations - Settlements, Corporate Actions, Transfers, Custody and Custodian oversight, Stock Data Management.
Middle Office - Private Banking and Investment controls and reporting (including CASS and other
CDD/AML Client On-boarding and periodic reviews
Credit Administration Summary of the key purposes of the role
Management of the Banking Operations team ensuring this supports the requirements of the business and its stakeholders, across all 4 entities. The Banking Operations Team comprises teams in Jersey and Guernsey.
To provide support to the KH BPO model and manage the complex aspects of banking processing including general banking, payments, treasury back office, e-banking, cards, open banking, scanning and reception.
Have day to day oversight of the Outsourcing party's banking operations activities. Key Responsibilities
- Lead the team and manage the development of team members. Provide coaching, training and development opportunities, set and agree objectives and targets aligned with the business strategy.
- Develop, document and control common, best practice procedures to accommodate the requirements of the various KH entities in compliance with Group policies, relevant local market regulatory requirements.
- Ensure workable contingency plans exist and are regularly tested for all key processes, to ensure that the risk of errors is minimised.
- Manage the implementation of change initiatives, communicating the business rationale and the impact of change on individuals, and ensuring that programme objectives are achieved
- To differentiate our service offering from our competitors by proactively driving industry leading service solutions to our Clients.
- To enhance service performance by creating and managing excellent supplier management relationships. Own end to end service delivery model for Banking Operations. Manage the outsource providers team responsible for daily delivery of Banking Operations related activities and escalating vendor issues to Senior Management. Relationship Management and oversight of 3 rd Party Suppliers/Correspondent Banks where Operations is the lead stakeholder
- To work in partnership with the Relationship Management Teams driving proactive service solutions for customer - developing proficient points on contact, specialist advice and effective customer issue resolution.
- Handle complex and sensitive client requests, problems and complaints from internal and external customers and suppliers using experience to identify a range of options and take appropriate actions or make recommendations.
- Continually review processes, procedures and systems, in conjunction with the team, the rest of the business and customers as appropriate, to ensure that opportunities for improvement are recognised and acted upon and changing customer needs are met.
- Develop a set of departmental MI containing risk and quality metrics to support and demonstrate incremental improvements, identify areas of concern, build business cases.
- Where applicable, supervise the work of a team allocating and prioritising tasks, monitoring work progress and ensuring standards and deadlines are met. Check and review own work and the work of others for completeness and accuracy, identifying and correcting any discrepancies or errors. Provide support to colleagues, sharing information and offering assistance when needed within the team.
- Ensure adherence to KH Internal controls standards, systems and procedures that appropriate standards are maintained in all aspects of operational risk and compliance which are endorsed by subsequent audits.
Profile Required Competencies Essential
- Be hands on with team managers, demonstrating role model mentoring and coaching skills and be an expert in the domain knowledge and provide training to team members in day to day activities. Set and agree objectives and targets aligned with the business strategy
- Referral point for day to day BAU issues that might stand outside current service agreements
- Responsible for the departments RCSA collation, submission and monitoring
Substantial experience in the banking industry, with 7+ years in a management position.
A good understanding of the compliance and regulatory regimes within which Kleinwort Hambros operates.
Able to work collaboratively with others across the organisation and manage and support the cross department / functional teams in achieving objectives.
Able to consider options available and find best solution to meet customer needs; handling customer enquiries courteously, efficiently and professionally.
Able to prepare and produce well-structured written materials structuring business cases, presentations and reporting in an articulate manner.
People management experience.
Experience in outsourcing and running vendor relationships/3 rd party supplier management
Proven project management skills
Technical expert in the areas of responsibility, including PSD2, ISO20022, New Payment System, SWIFT, SEPA
Role model leadership/managerial skills held in high regard by peers and direct reports equally
Good knowledge of banking/finance industry processes and workflows Desirable
Computer literacy across a variety of common applications
Multi-jurisdictional management experience
Transformational and transactional change management experience
An understanding of new regulations covering Confirmation of Payee and Contingent Reimbursement Model
An understanding of cross border regulations relating to payments and cards Education
Banking Institute Qualification and/or relevant qualification or relevant management qualification and experience
An experienced industry professional who can demonstrate the ability to manage the day to day and plan and implement departmental strategy.
Overall a good level of educational qualifications ideally to degree level. Desirable:
Significant payments experience, with some cards and treasury experience. Why Join Us
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment Business Insight
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like "hard work" and "dedication" together with "community" and "respect" has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 19000T1H
Business unit: Kleinwort Hambros
Starting date: 23/12/2019
Date of publication: 31/10/2019