Technical Manager, Asset Accelerator, Risk Advisory, Cardiff
Deloitte Solutions Factory is looking for Technical Manager who is passionate about building applications at scale in cloud platforms such as AWS.
You will have a background in the design, automation, deployment and operation of cloud infrastructure and applications.
In this role you will be based in our Cardiff delivery centre and work on projects with our business and supporting functions. You will architect and build cloud-based solutions using a wide range of technologies and the full range of AWS services, working alongside people with a diverse range of skillsets. You will serve as an expert in own discipline.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us. Your role
Your role will have multiple responsibilities depending on the project type. In one project you might build an application optimised for the cloud, using automation to test and deploy the application into production. In another project you might convert manual runbook or provisioning processes and automate them using tools such as CloudFormation. From an operations perspective, you will be required to set up monitoring and alerting for AWS workloads and to participate in a 24x7 on-call schedule for escalations.
Your work, your choice
- Oversee team in designing cloud architecture and solutions optimised for AWS to meet project requirements
- Manages professionals employees, with full management responsibility
- Guide team in developing scripts to automate the deployment of AWS architecture and solutions
- Guides team in resolving complex issues in specialised area based on existing solutions and procedures
- Manage and fix Security vulnerabilities identified on the AWS Cloud platform
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge within Deloitte cloud teams
- Identify new tools and process to improve the cloud platform and automate processes
- Provide specialist advice to Project teams and to SME's within the team
- Leading the Operations and Support team; Be a leader on projects, assign projects to different team members, and oversee them throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Train junior team members and work with Leadership team to define a structured training path
- Work closely with the Leadership team, escalate issues where necessary and help implement new processes to meet the new strategy and direction of the team
- Engage in relations with other development, architectural and networking/engineering teams including those in Member Firms.
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
This is a permanent opportunity. The role can be worked on a full time basis. Your professional experience
- Proven ability of enterprise applications and solutions using AWS, Azure or Google
- Experience of automation and provisioning approaches, using tools such as CloudFormation, PowerShell, etc
- In¬ depth knowledge of configuring and managing Linux and Windows environments
- Experience in leading a team
- In depth knowledge of agile software development tools and methodologies (Continuous integration, git, Jira, etc.)
- Ability to adapt to new technologies, learn quickly and pass on this knowledge to other team members
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communicator and decision maker
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rota for escalations
- Occasional travel to other Deloitte sites
Your service line: Risk Advisory
- AWS Solution Architect certification
- Scripting or programming experience (Python, Go, Bash, PowerShell, etc.)
- Experience of microservices and container-based systems (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos)
- Linux and/or Windows sysadmin certification (eg RHCE)
- Experience of agile project management approaches and tools (eg Atlassian Jira/Confluence)
- ITIL experience
In Risk Advisory, our thinking and actions give clients, our people and society the confidence to grow responsibly in a rapidly changing world. We don't just work with our clients to manage risk, we help them understand and grab the opportunities it presents too, helping them gain a competitive advantage. Our expertise and industry knowledge run deep here. At Deloitte, you'll find yourself working with some of the most inspiring and experienced colleagues and with clients who trust you to lead the way to smart choices, better control frameworks, and new systems, including bespoke solutions that have a direct impact on their bottom line. Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process. About Deloitte
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL SLRSKA LOCCAR
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 178249