Solution Architect MS365, Business Applications , Internal Services - Cardiff, Gatwick or Milton Keynes
Following expansion of the team within Deloitte internal IT Services (ITS), a Solution Architect with a Microsoft 365 (previously Office 365) focus is required to help lead technology change
within the organisation and ensure all new services across the North South European and Global Member Firms are architected in line with strategy and best industry practice.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us. Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application. Your role
The Solution Architect will work on a variety of projects concurrently, owning the end to end design from inception through to the completion of delivery. Focus will be to enable continuous deployment of Microsoft 365 products and features to support the Business. This will involve exposure to a range of Business challenges and working with a range of subject matter experts (including 3rd parties) as well as implementation teams to help address them.
Key responsibilities include:
- Technical leadership and acting as a subject matter expert (SME) relating to Microsoft 365 products and their implementation
- To define and articulate pragmatic and commercially viable solutions to business challenges or opportunities. Includes ensuring all business, application, information/data, infrastructure and security elements are defined to sufficient detail which allows implementation teams to progress. Testing, release/transition and operational/support/service considerations also need to be covered
- Ensuring all functional and non-functional requirements are met for a particular business challenge or opportunity, or any exceptions are justified, agreed with all applicable stakeholders and signed off
- Working with the Enterprise Architecture team to ensure solutions align with business and technology strategy, or seeking and agreeing (minimal) dispensations where this makes sense for the organisation
- Leading and coordinating other SMEs, both internal and external to Deloitte, where these are involved with solution design and subsequent implementation
- Identification of â€quick winsâ€ or short term transition architectures (e.g. a minimum viable product) which enables prompt realisation of business benefits at reduced risk, complexity and cost
- Troubleshooting complex and often intermittent technical challenges
The role does not require any line management responsibility but you will work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Cardiff, Gatwick or Milton Keynes, with occasional travel to London and other Deloitte sites
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time / part-time basis
Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and weâ€™ll try to accommodate. Your professional experience
- Experience of designing and delivering pragmatic and commercially viable solutions based around Microsoft 365. Must be able to demonstrate experience of defining the business, application, information/data, infrastructure and security elements of a solution and how this met functional and non-functional requirements (including how any exceptions or dispensations were handled)
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft 365 and related products (e.g. Microsoft Teams). To include integration with other systems (e.g. SaaS, authentication, legacy systems)
- Familiarity with the broader Microsoft technology stack (e.g. operating systems, system security, hardware and database management, Cloud / Azure)
- Experience working within software development or SaaS / cloud architecture groups
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written, including ability to articulate solutions to a senior as well as a detailed/technical audience
- Ability to work with and ensure a quality output from SMEs, including those from 3rd parties
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new and emerging technologies, learn quickly and pass on this knowledge onto other team members
- Managing security review meetings. Ability to influence cross-functional teams of DevOps engineers and developers driving a security culture
- Understanding of test frameworks for automated testing/compliance
- Experience in Agile and Waterfall delivery methods in a large-scale Programme Delivery environment
- Microsoft Certified Professional (e.g. previous MCSA or Microsoft 365-specific)
- AWS and/or Azure Certified
- TOGAF accreditation or BCS Chartered Professional, or Fellow in Solution Development & Architecture
- Cyber security related certifications/designations, such as: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
- Familiarity with industry compliance and security standards (e.g. ISO27001, PCI-DSS)
Experience working with Digital, Machine Learning, Non-structured data Forensics.
Innovation is the key, underpinned by audit quality. You will be joining a diverse team of experts capable of delivering meaningful and durable change for both our clients and our profession. Your service line: Internal Services
At Deloitte, weâ€™re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. Covering seven distinct areas; Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Practice Support Services, Quality & Risk Services, IT Services, and Workplace Services & Real Estate, together we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience. Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process. About Deloitte
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? Itâ€™s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work â€" and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what weâ€™re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL SLICSS BAITEC CFTECH
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
Â© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 174445