Scrum Master, Business Applications, Internal Services – Cardiff or Milton Keynes
To champion teams through the adoption and continual improvement of enterprise scale agile practices.
A new software development capability has been created to support Deloitte's digital agenda. In line with this, delivery methods are evolving from legacy, plan driven approaches to those utilizing lean principles. You will be key to successfully executing the next stage of this transition, working with various technology and business teams to evolve the proposition.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us. Your role
As a Scrum Master you will be pivotal in enabling continuous deployment of Microsoft 365 Evergreen products and features to support the business. Working with cross functional personnel, you will use your experience to help teams evolve their practices and tailor methodologies to the specific demand and technical topology of the Microsoft 365 products, maximizing business value and enabling wider adoption and transformation of ways of working in the Digital Workplace.
Your work, your choice
- Responsible for managing the scrum process with the coordination of the scrum teams in Agile methodology.
- Ensure the teams are making the most practical use of methodologies and are empowered to use their expertise to make appropriate decisions around the technologies they support and deliver.
- Working closely with the product owners to ensure the backlog is sufficiently groomed for the next iteration.
- Hands on delivery support e.g. clearing blockers, running ceremonies, tracking progress, continual improvement, limiting WIP, prioritization, estimation, reporting, etc.
- Communicate with openness, honesty and respect in all situations and be adept at conflict resolution and direction setting.
- Identify and help implement evergreen services that will assist in adding business value the reduction of technical debt
- Manage diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Cardiff or Milton Keynes with domestic travel to other sites as required.
Work pattern: Permanent, full time. Your professional experience
Your service line: Internal Services
- Expert in Agile method practices (Including Scrum, ScrumBan, and DSDM), with strong knowledge of Scrum theory, rules and practices.
- Experience of the application lifecycle management tools (Azure Dev Ops) to drive and monitor delivery activities.
- Strong working knowledge of Digital Workplace technologies - Microsoft 365, Evergreen and Feature Management, Azure Dev Ops, IAM etc
- Ability to take and understand the commitment to deliver the product on time through the use of Agile tools, the value of metrics and incremental delivery.
- Have a value driven approach to delivery and a focus on practical approaches to achieve desired outcomes.
- Will have worked extensively with geographically distributed teams on and off shore.
- Experienced in working as part of a global Digital Workplace team delivering Evergreen products and features on a regional basis.
At Deloitte, we're all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. Covering seven distinct areas; Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Practice Support Services, Quality & Risk Services, IT Services, and Workplace Services & Real Estate, together we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience. Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL SLICSS BAITEC CFTECH
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 177434