Head of Diversity \u0026 Inclusion
We're looking for a Diversity and Inclusion leader to work within the newly formed People Experience squad to help us make Monzo the place where anyone can do the best work of their lives. You'll report to the Director of People and work closely with colleagues in People Development, Culture and Internal Comms to help us make Monzo more inclusive at a systemic level as we continue to grow.
You'll be a subject matter expert in D&I trends and data, with a strong focus on developing and delivering a detailed, Monzo-centric curriculum and competency programme tailored to each level of leadership in the organisation, enabled by impactful communications and learning tools. Your role will be to impact all Monzonauts across the company, meaning you'll be expected to spend time at both of our physical offices and work effectively with our home-based employees.
Your first year in the role will look like:
- You'll take a data-based approach to D&I, analysing our internal data and reporting on it to inform priorities and decisions across Monzo.
- You'll train and develop People Partners to carry out D&I interventions in the collectives they support, collaborating with them and other managers to make a measurable impact.
- You'll help People Development colleagues make sure training materials promote inclusion, and make sure trainers have what they need to deliver this effectively. This will be delivered as part of an overall D&I curriculum and alongside a digital communications and learning toolkit that will enable broadscale education, upskilling and adoption of inclusive behaviours.
- You'll lead or sponsor projects to enhance and embed our D&I agenda, such as Monzo Values and Gender Pay Gap reporting.
- You'll take an empowering and collaborative approach to D&I, aiming to never be a single point of failure and to create processes that support the broadest number of Monzonauts to carry out D&I work.
You should apply for this role if:
- Evaluating, building out and refining our D&I data to establish a regular cadence of reports that are useful to the whole organisation
- Conducting industry research to identify gaps and opportunities and making recommendations that inform the development of our People strategy
- Designing and delivering a curriculum of experiential and self-driven learning for people of all levels, based on Monzo-specific case studies and actionable insights
- Defining a competency framework for D&I that'll become a requisite for all senior leaders
- Reviewing our people processes to ensure all processes are grounded in D&I principles with governance controls built in
- Working closely with your internal comms colleagues to develop a communications framework that's inclusive for all.
It'd be a bonus if:
- You have a deep subject matter knowledge of D&I issues, trends and best practices
- You have strong project management, prioritisation, analysis and reporting skills, with the ability to deliver data-informed strategic approaches
- You're a systems thinker, always considering how your work will impact and interact with other parts of the Monzo strategy
- You're excellent at delegation and empowerment, to reach the broadest number of people with your initiatives
- You take a coaching and collaborative approach to working with others
- You're able and willing to communicate with colleagues at every level of the organisation
- You're hands-on and take satisfaction in supporting colleagues, projects or tasks however big or small.
- You're experienced in learning and development interventions with an understanding of what's needed to help people put learning into practice.
- You have consulting or product management experience to build powerful tools and influence at scale
- Role can be fully distributed or based in our London/Cardiff office.
- We are able to support flexible working in this role.
- This role can be part time.
- We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us - if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog .
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
The process consists of submission of a CV and application questions, a call with the Hiring team and Hiring Manager followed by a practical written exercise and 2 - 3 remote interviews. Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.