Director, People Partnering
At Monzo we are at the beginning of our People Partner journey, it is an exciting time to join the team as you will be building the discipline in a fast paced environment. Joining a team of eight supporting over 1,500 members of staff we challenge ourselves to ask what excellence in People Partnering looks like. How do we solve the problems our leaders are facing today while moving forward towards a vision of what People Partnering could like like in the future.
We are a company that prides itself on a high performing culture that is inclusive and creates a great employee experience. As we scale we believe People Partners will be core to scaling that culture and helping it grow and develop to support the business Monzo will be in the future. The role
You will be responsible for:
You should apply if
- Management and development of the People Partners squad which currently includes five people partners and three people advisors.
- Setting vision, goals and developing the road map for the People Partner discipline.
- Defining and embedding the ongoing principles, development and delivery of the People Partner discipline.
- Supporting one or more collectives as a People Partner on their senior leadership team.
- Driving the people agenda in the collective/s that you support; from organisational design, performance and assessment through to succession plans.
- Acting as a cultural and D&I ambassador in your collective/s and for Monzo as a whole.
- Working with senior leaders and managers in your collective/s to provide an excellent level of service to those they support and to continuously develop themselves to be the best they can be.
- Collaborating with other squads within the People Collective (Reward, People Product, Talent & Experience) to contribute to a world class People experience.
- You have a breadth of experience in HR. This may be through professional qualifications such as CIPD level 7 or learned through experience.
- You have worked in a matrix organisation and have experience influencing and delivering in a fast paced environment.
- You enjoy solving complex people problems and leading people through change management.
- You have experience of influencing different stakeholders and overcoming obstacles collaboratively.
- You have a proven track record in developing people and developing strong, positive managerial relationships.
- You have experience of leading high performing, highly engaged teams.
- You are excited by and passionate about creating a world class people function.
- Role can be fully distributed or based in our London/Cardiff office.
- We are able to support flexible working in this role.
- This role can be part time.
We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us - if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog .
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
The process consists of submission of a CV and application questions, a phone interview with our team and video interviews. This may include a task or pre-work to be presented or discussed during the interviews. Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.