Support Engineer, Scout
DESCRIPTION Are you inspired by building new technologies to benefit customers? Do you dream of being at the forefront of autonomous system technology? Would you enjoy working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, start-up like environment? If you answered yes to any of these then you've got to check out the Amazon Scout team.
We've been hard at work developing a new, fully-electric delivery system - Amazon Scout - designed to get packages to customers using autonomous delivery devices. These devices were created by Amazon, are the size of a small cooler, and roll along sidewalks at a walking pace. We developed Amazon Scout at our research lab in Seattle, ensuring the devices can safely and efficiently navigate around pets, pedestrians and anything else in their path.
The Amazon Scout Robotics Interdisciplinary Support Engineering (RISE) team shares a passion for innovation using advanced technologies, a love of solving complex challenges, and a desire to impact customers in a meaningful way. We're looking for individuals who like dealing with ambiguity, solving hard, large-scale problems, and working in a startup like environment. To learn more about Amazon Scout, check out our Amazon Day One Blog post here: http://amazon.com/scout
This is a position with high visibility and offers excellent career growth opportunities. As a Support Engineer on the Amazon Scout team, you will help make the Scout autonomous robot vision a reality. You will be the first point of contact when operations associates in the field seek assistance. You love working with people, understanding their challenges, and helping them to deliver results. You use scripting, analysis and root cause deep dives to gain insight into our fleet's operational issues and proactively solve them, at scale.
You should be a self-starter with a bias towards independent problem solving. You will provide technical support and guidance to the Scout engineering and field teams. You will develop tools and processes to analyze and correct failures. You will find opportunities to automate existing processes and use new technologies to support a growing robot fleet.
If you're entrepreneurial and want to build transformative technology-driven products, join us in making history!
• Resolve or de-escalate contacts by providing information and support, or engaging the appropriate technical resources.
• Write and maintain user documentation and learning resources
• Design and build basic tools and scripts that enhance scale support efficiently
• Maintain ongoing analysis of contacts and use this analysis to drive recommendations for strategic improvements; identify pain-points, design solutions, and drive their implementation.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology, Systems Engineering, or related field, or relevant professional experience in software development and support
• Proficiency in scripting languages and their applications to data analysis
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Python, JAVA or C++
• Familiar with Linux/Unix and operating via command-line or terminal
• Experience providing customer service and/or technical support
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Experience working with and/or developing on AWS services
• Experience working with electronics hardware
• Familiar with FMEA, Six Sigma and other failure analysis approaches
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.