Sr. Systems Development Engineer, Robotics -- Cambridge UK
DESCRIPTION Our Amazon Robotics Scout team based in Cambridge UK is growing! Are you inspired by building new technologies to benefit customers? Do you dream of being at the forefront of autonomous system technology? Would you enjoy working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, start-up like environment? If you answered yes to any of these then you've got to check out the Amazon Scout team.
The team have been hard at work developing a new, fully-electric delivery system - Amazon Scout - designed to get packages to customers using autonomous delivery devices. These devices, created by Amazon engineers, are the size of a small cooler, and roll along at a walking pace.
The Amazon Scout team shares a passion for innovation using advanced technologies, a love of solving complex challenges, and a desire to delight customers.
To learn more about Amazon Scout, check out our Amazon Day One Blog post here: http://amazon.com/scout
As a Senior Systems Development Engineer, you will join the team of hands-on, passionate and seasoned professionals developing innovative consumer-centric product solutions.
We need curious, experienced and motivated engineers to help define our next-generation computational core on the Scout delivery device. You will be a key member of the team designing the compute platform which execute our computer vision, autonomy and embedded systems.
You will build prototype robot systems to evaluate and compare these computational solutions, with the goal of defining our compute roadmap. You will write high performance software to port our existing software to new computational approaches; leveraging multi-core computing, edge computing, inference engines and the latest hardware accelerators. You will help define the future of high performance autonomous systems on Scout.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Engineering or a related discipline & 7+ years professional experience
• In-depth knowledge of CS fundamentals: object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• A deep understanding of modern multi-core chipsets and compute technologies
• Experience leveraging SOC features and components to develop complex embedded electronics products
• Role based in our Cambridge UK office
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Master's degree (or higher) in Computer Engineering or a related discipline
• Fluent in C, C++, and/or Python
• Experience with Linux application development
• Experience with Linux Kernel development
• Experience developing high performance software on Real Time Operating Systems
• Experience working with ROS, NIST NML, JAUS (SAE AS-4) or other robotic standards.
• Experience developing multi-core distributed software
• Experience with cross-platform mobile application design
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.