Software Development Engineer
DESCRIPTION Amazon Sidewalk is a new long-term effort to help devices work better. Operated by Amazon at no charge to customers, Sidewalk can help simplify new device setup, extend the low-bandwidth working range of devices, and help devices stay online even if they are outside the range of their home wifi. In the future, Sidewalk will support a range of experiences from using Sidewalk-enabled devices to help find pets or valuables, to smart security and lighting, to diagnostics for appliances and tools.
Amazon Sidewalk is seeking a Software Development Engineer with a keen interest or experience in wireless to join our team. You will collaborate and learn from cross functional teams across Amazon to develop platform specific code for the Sidewalk SDK. You can expect to work on and contribute to large scale Sidewalk projects, learning all about how to design, implement and test highly robust, reliable wireless products. You will work closely with silicon vendors and internal experts to investigating and debug product issues at all levels.
The Ideal Candidate
• Enjoys working side by side with partners, colleagues and teams on tough problems
• Thrives in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
• Has a good understanding to what is important to the customer.
• Is comfortable with proactive outward communication and never shies away from a challenge
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field, or equivalent practical experience
• Proficiency in C / C++ development and debugging or equivalent
• Proficiency in software architecture and design, with knowledge of reliably and scalability
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Previous technical internship(s)
• Proficiency in embedded software development (mBed, Arduino or any other MCU level development)
• Knowledge of Wireless or Wired protocols
• Knowledge of software testing (unit, regression and system testing)
• Knowledge of Unix/Linux environments and embedded Linux
• Comfortable in some scripting language of choice
• Prior experience in Python or analyzing sensor data (or interest in learning) is also a plus