Senior Software Development Engineer (Amazon Text-to-speech)
DESCRIPTION Do you want to work on one of the coolest and most innovative pieces of technology in recent years? Come join us! We're the Text to Speech (TTS) team at Amazon. We build best-in-class TTS solutions and create magical experiences on Amazon's growing portfolio of speech products. We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Development Engineer who is passionate about developing software to speak human languages and/or AI systems to join us in Cambridge, UK or Gdansk, Poland.
If you want to design and shape the technical roadmap of teams that expands speech capabilities for millions of customers, this position is for you. If you enjoy mentoring smart software engineers and scientist from all over the world and spreading your expertise, this position is for you. If you enjoy a collaborative working relationship with Senior product and business leaders that maximizes our value for customers, this position is for you.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in text-to-speech, you will work with talented peers and lead the development and launch of core product features. You will work on the architecture and design to create scale, reduce complexity and will require invention. You'll need to be passionate about machine learning and understand how technology translates into customer experience. You will directly impact our customers and change the landscape of voice-based interactions. You can see and hear your code making a difference. How cool is that?
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise and sound understanding of the fundamentals of computing. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a growth environment where priorities shift fast. A successful candidate will be able to leverage Amazon's heterogeneous data sources and large-scale computing resources, to experiment and iterate quickly.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • S/MS degree in software engineering, computer science, the physical sciences or equivalent experience
• Proficiency one or more modern programming language (Java, C/C++, C#)
• 5+ years of industry experience
• Architectural and design knowledge (algorithms, data structures, machine learning).
• Proficiency in at least scripting languages (e.g. Python, Ruby, Perl)
• Experience with Linux/Unix systems and Bash scripting
• Demonstrable experience across the SDLC (coding standards, code reviews, source control, build systems, integration and deployment, maintenance, updates, etc.)
• Strong personal interest in learning, researching and creating new technologies with high commercial impact
• Attention to details and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Professional communication skills and ability to contribute and lead team discussions
• Working proficiency in English
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Familiarity with Machine Learning, specifically in Deep Learning Sequence - to - Sequence models optimization for inference
• Experience with CI/CD systems and build automation
• Knowledge of speech technologies and natural language processing
• Efficient technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Experience with end-to-end agile software development