Senior Data & Analytics Engineer This is your chance to join an exciting global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical company. They're inspired by what science can do. Driven by the desire to meet unmet patient needs in their core therapeutic areas. Bold in their thinking. Proactive in pursuing discoveries beyond imagination.
Senior Data & Analytics Engineer
This is your chance to join an exciting global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical company. They're inspired by what science can do. Driven by the desire to meet unmet patient needs in their core therapeutic areas. Bold in their thinking. Proactive in pursuing discoveries beyond imagination.
Data & Analytics provides analytics, data insight services and solutions critical to the mission of this organisation.
As a Senior Data & Analytics engineer you will support solution development, provide technical leadership, and take responsibility for delivery. You are a data professional with a broad range of experience of across data & analytics, with significant depth in at least one technical area. You will work almost exclusively with AWS services. The team delivers cloud solutions, such as the development of auto-scaling data integration and an analytic platform.
Desirable technical skills & experience
- Experience of working with a range of data & analytics architectures: distributed computing (Hadoop/Spark), NoSQL, virtualization, data streaming, container technology (Docker), traditional warehousing etc.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of the Big Data ecosystem. This might include: HDFS, Hadoop, Parquet, Spark, Spark streaming, HBase, HIVE, PIG, Presto, Sqoop, Mesos etc.
- Experience with and knowledge in AWS Cloud services. We currently use EMR, SQS, Kinesis, Lambda, DynamoDB, IAM, Cognito, Cloud formation, Aurora, Redshift, Glue etc.
- Experience of building scalable high availability analytics solutions,
- Experience in DevOps, using continuous integration and continuous development (we use Jenkins, Nexus, Git),
- Experience of data analysis - profiling, investigating, interpreting and documenting data structures,
- Familiarity with data modelling techniques and hands on modelling experience (our relational databases are third normal form and star schema),
- Agile practices, especially being a SCRUM Master
What they are offering
- Base salary of up to £70,000
- 11% benifit fund
- 14% Bonus (can go up to 28%)
- 5% LTi shares
This is a fantastic opportunity and an equally fantastic package, please apply now for immediate consideration!