PeopleSoft HCM Functional Analyst
- Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- PA Consulting
- 22 Apr 19
PeopleSoft HCM Functional Analyst
We're an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we'll offer you unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career.
Isn't it time you joined us?
PA Consulting is one of the UK's premier technology consultancies, working with a wide range of public and private industry sectors, helping companies to innovate and effectively manage their technology. In order to manage a diverse range of activities, PA runs a portfolio of over 60 applications which run a range of services to support our consulting and functional teams globally across PA. One group takes responsibility for all PA's Oracle based applications, the second group takes ownership of the remainder of PA's business software portfolio.
• PeopleSoft provides the Finance and HR functionality for PA - it supports all the major business process for managing financial and people transactions
• This role is to provide functional support for the PeopleSoft Financials and Projects system to ensure smooth operation of the PeopleSoft based business
• This role will evolve so that the person will be involved as part of a small team, providing support for all of PA's PeopleSoft applications.
• Deliver changes that are in line with PA's business needs while staying consistent with the application architecture to PeopleSoft which includes working with the analysis and design for small projects. Work with the development team and be responsible for testing the outcomes. Work with Operations to deliver the release into production.
• Deliver Functional support for managing incidents - deliver excellent customer service by developing solutions to problems. Keep customers and colleagues informed of progress. Deliver in line with SLA commitments.
• Identify opportunities to realise more value from PA's investment in PeopleSoft - coaching end users on features to ensure the best use of the system.
• Quality assurance of the technical deliverables to ensure that the desired change and value to the business has been delivered.
• Report / query writing as required to improve end users efficiency.
• A very good understanding of manpower planning, recruitment, people administration, benefits and reward, skills and development management, absence management and enterprise learning.
• A good knowledge of most of the following PeopleSoft modules These include - Core HR, Administer Workforce, Monitor Absence, Benefits, eDevelopment, Enterprise Learning at v9.1.
• A good knowledge of later versions of PeopleTools (8.54 or later) including the key User Interface features.
• A good understanding of all aspects of PeopleSoft Financials and Projects security and workflow (AWE).
• The ability to interrogate PeopleSoft Financials and Projects data, using Query or other tools.
• An attention to detail and ability to follow formal methodologies and processes.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong relationship building skills.
• Demonstrated ability to influence and foster collaborative relationships.
About PA Consulting Group
- Private medical insurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn, childcare benefits)
- Voluntary benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment - one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We're committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA's goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.