Machine Learning Engineer
DESCRIPTION Do you want to work on one of the coolest and most innovative pieces of technology in recent years? Come join us! We're the Text to Speech (TTS) team at Amazon. We build best-in-class TTS solutions and create magical experiences on Amazon's growing portfolio of speech products.
We are looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive Machine Learning Engineer with a strong background in Software Development to help build industry-leading Speech and Language technology. Our mission is to push the envelope in Text-to-Speech (TTS) in order to provide the best-possible experience for our customers. Your role is to leverage your strong background in Computer Science and Machine Learning to help build the next generation of our synthetic voices used by millions of customers every day.
As a Machine Learning Engineer on our team you will work with talented peers to productise and optimise novel algorithms and modeling techniques directly from advance state of the art in speech synthesis.
You'll need to be passionate about machine learning and understand how technology translates into customer experience. You will directly impact our customers and change the landscape of voice-based interactions. You can see and hear your code making a difference. How cool is that?
The ideal candidate will have experience with machine learning models and their application in AI systems. We are particularly interested in experience applying natural language processing, deep learning, and reinforcement learning at scale. Additionally, we are seeking candidates with strong rigor in applied sciences and engineering, creativity, curiosity, and great judgment.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • BS degree in CS, Machine Learning or related area
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, complexity analysis, data structures, problem solving and diagnosis
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Java, C/C++, C#)
• Proficiency in at least one scripting language (Python, Ruby)
• Comprehensive and deep knowledge in fields such as Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Text/Speech, or Statistical modeling
• Experience with Linux/Unix systems and Bash scripting
• Professional communication skills and ability to contribute to team discussions
• Working proficiency in English
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • MS with specialization in text-to-speech, natural language processing, or machine learning
• Extensive hands-on experience in deep learning and speech synthesis
• Working knowledge of an object-oriented language like Java, C/C++, Python
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms and OS
• Experience with end-to-end agile software development
• Ability to communicate complex technical concepts and solutions to all levels of the organization