Socius is a FinTech founded in 2013 and specialises in providing technology platforms to banks and life insurance companies in order for them to offer investment products to retail investors. Our company consists of personnel with investment banking experience across trading, sales, structuring, quantitative analysis and technology. We strive to provide disruptive technology to allow our distribution partners the ability to offer innovative and best-in-class products. Our technology platform supports a range of products which includes vanilla deposits, structured products, right through to individualised protected fund accounts.
The role will be to work within our Quantitative Research and Development team to assist in developing our technology platform, product range and quantitative research. It is primarily based in Cambridge with some travel to our London offices, and occasional client travel across Europe.
There is a great opportunity for the successful candidate to develop their skillset working alongside investment banking experts. Though unlike the investment banks, we operate a more flexible/enjoyable working environment, and given we are a growing company the ability to make a real impact on the business with the opportunity for quick career progression.
Our platform is built on .NET, C# and F#, and is delivered through cloud-based environments.
Skills required to carry out the role
- Undergraduate degree of 2:1 or above, in a relevant scientific subject
- Strong problem solving and quantitative skills
- Ability to work well within a team with good communication skills
- Programming experience to degree level or equivalent work experience
Additional beneficial skills
- PhD in physics, mathematics or financial engineering
- Previous experience working in the financial markets
- Object-oriented and functional languages; relational and non-relational databases; machine learning
- Cloud based solutions and managing production environments
- Strong in Microsoft .NET programming, with C# & F# experience
- Experience with development tools such as Git and Azure DevOps