Devops/System Development Engineer - Amazon Ring
DESCRIPTION As a System Development Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design, and bring to market innovative consumer electronics products. You will:
• Continuously collaborating with teams, identifying opportunities to automate away manual processes.
• Design, develop, and deploy release testing and deployment pipelines, enabling Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) following DevOps principles.
• Research and instruct others on emerging technologies and AWS products.
• Work closely with an internal interdisciplinary team and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution, and test, as well as this you'll be involved in planning and maintaining database structures.
• Participate in major engineering projects end-to-end with globally dispersed cross-functional stakeholders.
The ideal candidate:
• Has in-depth expertise working with distributed systems and understands how they are deployed.
• Enjoys working side by side with partners, colleagues and teams on tough problems
• Is highly effective and thrives in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
• Knows what is important when shipping products to customers and has been through the process from start to finish
• Is comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shies away from a challenge
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field
• Experience in REST architecture for web services
• Experience of Systems Engineering/Administration with large distributed systems or applications.
• Experiencing automating frequent operating system and service tasks using command languages such as bash
• Experience developing automation for deploying and managing services and their underlying infrastructure via contemporary programming/scripting languages, configuration management tools, and APIs.
• Experience with system and application monitoring, software distribution, patching and maintenance
• Coding skills in, at least, one object oriented programming language.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Advanced degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline.
• Experience developing web-applications on contemporary technology stacks.
• Experience managing and developing services on Amazon Web Services using EKS, EC2, S3, SQS, Lambda, SNS, RDS, DynamoDB, ECS, API Gateway, etc. or comparable products from another cloud platform.
• Active AWS certifications (AWS Associate Solutions Architect, AWS Associate Developer, AWS Associate Systems Operations).
• Experience with imperative and/or declarative configuration management and deployment tools (Cloudformation, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform, etc.).
• Experience with AWS CI/CD products such as CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, CodeBuild, CodeCommit or comparable solutions such as Jenkins, Github, Tekton, etc.
• Experience with mission critical systems.
• Ability to track the health of our services, identify and fix problems on complex systems with massive scale.
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighbourhoods safer. From the video doorbell to the DIY Ring Alarm system, Ring's smart home security product line offers users affordable whole-home and neighbourhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighbourhood security accessible and effective for everyone - while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com (http://www.ring.com/). With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.