Corporate Finance Manager (SME Market)
- Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Nelson Scott LLP
- 16 Feb 18 2018-02-16
A firm of Chartered Accountants ranked number 28 in the UK are currently expanding their Corporate Finance offering across the region. They are looking for a talented manager with Corporate Finance experience to join the team. You will be required to work as part of their Strategic Corporate Finance team on lead advisory and transaction support roles, in a hands on, pro-active, client-facing role. Whilst principally Corporate Finance focussed, the role necessarily includes good accounting, tax and commercial knowledge as well as a breadth of client experience. Support towards undertaking the ICAEW Corporate Finance qualification can be considered as appropriate.
- Providing close support to Partners and the rest of the team.
- Focussed on managing the wider team on delivering Information memoranda, valuation reports, financial due diligence reports and similar technical output for partner review
- Full spectrum CF services are provided with no departmental specialism, so a wide variety of client mandates will be experienced.
- Project managing a range of transactional and advisory work, leading a team of dedicated support staff.
- Attending meetings with Partners & clients, providing technical and lead advisory support; liaising with portfolio holders and other team members to bring together necessary advice and information for client projects.
- An experienced networker, you will have your own intermediary contacts ideally particularly in the SME sector and the relevant private equity /venture capital sector and will be expected to support the senior managers, directors and partners in converting a pipeline of new business opportunities.
- Bringing your experience to the role, you will be able to contribute to a variety of assignments at a senior client facing level.
- Client focussed with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Analytical, problem-solver.
- Up to date accounting standards and tax knowledge (at the level of being able to spot relevant issues in client projects for referral to specialist colleagues)
- Presentational excellence.
- Proactive and with good instincts to spot opportunities.
- Attention to detail and speed of work.
- Good attendance record and time management skills
- Professional contact network.
- Recent Corporate Finance in practice experience is necessary ideally in both lead advisory and transactions services preferably from an SME focussed general practice training
Training & development:
- Relevant internal and external CPD will be provided.
- Additional specific CF related training as required.
- As appropriate, undertaking the Corporate Finance qualification.