Cloud Software Development Engineer
Ring has a mission to reduce crime in neighborhoods. With affordable solutions that work on any home, Ring is committed to offering smart security that's accessible to everyone. Now Ring is part of the Amazon Devices family, and are seeking engineers who will help us create the next generation of home security. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Software Cloud Development Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design, and bring to market innovative consumer electronics products. Your responsibilities will include coding in Java and working on distributed cloud systems, as well as undertaking feasibility studies to design cloud software solutions. You will work closely with an internal interdisciplinary team and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution, and test, as well as this you'll be involved in planning and maintaining database structures.
You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
The ideal candidate has current and extensive experience developing and building distributed systems and applications. The ideal candidate:
• Has in-depth expertise working with distributed systems and understands how they are deployed.
• Enjoys working side by side with partners, colleagues and teams on tough problems
• Is highly effective and thrives in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
• Knows what is important when shipping products to customers and has been through the process from start to finish
• Is comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shies away from a challenge BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience doing hands-on software development
• Experience working with Distributed systems or applications.
• Experience in REST architecture for web services
• Coding skills in JAVA PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience with working on AWS services(S3, DynamoDB, EC2).
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
• Proficiency in the tools of the trade, including a variety of modern programming languages (Java, C/C++, Python) and open-source technologies (Linux, Android, OpenGL, Eclipse)
• Data analysis and debugging skills
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.