Job Description Summary:
We are a flexible employer and can offer a range of flexible working patterns from part to full-time, as well as working from home.
Join us as an Audit Associate
We're the professional services firm that's shaping a more vibrant economy in the UK.
Join us and you'll shape more than your own career. We're building an economy where small and medium-sized businesses have room to grow sustainably, where trust is the rule, not the exception and where no one gets left behind. Job Description:
Bring your technical skills and audit grounding to our team
You already know the audit ropes, so you'll be happy preparing and reviewing work papers and drafting financial statements from day one.
And, because our structure's flatter than most, you could find yourself on a faster track to your next promotion (and even to partner). You'll have more say over the projects you take on and more responsibility to run them your way
Here are a few more things you can expect. Don't worry if you don't tick every box. We're big believers in hiring for attitude and training for skill, so if you need coaching along the way, we can help
- Look after your own portfolio. Get a bigger view of industries and markets by taking care of a small portfolio of mid-sized, growing businesses.
- Get different perspectives and share yours. You'll discuss audit issues and share ideas with our senior team and your clients.
- Win over your clients. Your creative approach, and the fact you always deliver on time mean you won't just make a great first impression on clients, you'll build rewarding, long-term relationships.
- Share the load. You'll have plenty of responsibility, but you'll never be alone. We expect you to delegate work to other members of the team when it plays to their strengths. And you'll pick up work when our engagement leads need help
- Be a role model in the office. When your team needs extra support, you'll be there to mentor and give them on-the-job coaching.
- Be an inspiration in the wider world. You'll take part in networking events across Bedford and talk to local businesses - advising them on better ways to build trust and grow sustainably.
- You'll be studying towards your ACA, CA, ACCA or similar professional qualification and have experience working with External Audit clients.
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we'll want you to show us how they're important to you, too. Collaboration:
Clients always comment on how friendly we are. We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out. (But we love a healthy debate, too). Leadership:
You don't have to be the big boss to be a leader. Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects. And you could find yourself on the path to partner faster here than almost anywhere else. Excellence:
We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky. And we always look for new ways to do things better Agility:
The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible - changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done. And if things don't go to plan, we simply dust ourselves off and try again. Respect:
A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care. Responsibility:
The decisions we make and advice we give affects people's lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do our best to do well by doing good.
It takes a diverse team to shape a vibrant economy Now you've seen our values, it shouldn't be a surprise that we're creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Or that we're one of the top employers in the UK's Social Mobility Index. We treat everyone equally, we'll value what you have to say, and we'll do everything we can to help you do your best work with us.
Share ideas and profits Unlike most firms, we're also a shared enterprise. So when the firm does well, everyone does well by taking home a share of the profits. Of course, to get those profits, we need to share ideas and share responsibility for our work, too.
There's more to life than work "My family is an important part of who I am and so spending time in Devon with them is vital to help energise and ground me."
Sacha Romanovitch, CEO
Families, sports, night classes...the things you do and the people you're with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you'd like to work flexibly, let us know. We're happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we'll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.