French Payroll Specialist
- Camberly, England, United Kingdom Camberly England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
French Payroll Specialist
Corporate title: Officer
Location: Paris or Camberley
Line of Business: HR Shared Services
It's your career, so own it. Looking for a place where you can have real ownership over your work? At Bank of America Merrill Lynch, we give you the chance to utilise the best of your skills and passions and turn your job into a career.
We seek an experienced payroll professional to help us fulfil an opening in our EMEA Payroll team. The main function of the role is to ensure that employees across EMEA are paid accurately and on time.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual to work with a friendly and dedicated team of payroll professionals in a large multinational organization.
- Co-ordinating the end to end payroll process for France and a small number of countries within the EMEA region
- Collation, data entry and processing of various payroll related transactions
- Inputting, checking and reconciling the payroll information to achieve accurate, timely and compliant payments to employees, government agencies and third party providers (pensions, insurances etc).
- Ensuring that all statutory reporting deadlines are met.
- Answering payroll queries from employees and other key stakeholder i.e. HR, Finance etc.
- Updating standard operating procedure (SOP) documents each month as required.
- Provide back up in the team for other countries as required
Skills we look for:
- Significant experience of French payroll, knowledge of French payroll legislation and statutory obligations
- Fluent French and English, both orally and in writing
- High degree of accuracy and good attention to detail.
- Proven track record of working in Payroll and an understanding of Payroll Finance.
- Being able to organise and prioritise the workload and manage multiple tasks / deadlines while maintaining a high standard of accuracy and level of service.
- Must be proactive in driving efficiencies and producing new ideas to improve the current processes.
- Good PC skills, including intermediate Excel (Pivot Table, Vlookup)
- Ability to work under own initiative to drive efficiencies and new ideas for a better working environment
- Excellent team player with the ability to build effective team relationships and promote an environment of trust and flexibility
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage numerous deadlines, in line with the various payroll deadlines
Competencies we require:
- Excellent communication skills.
- The motivation and determination to be curious and increase their own knowledge by asking questions and using all available resources.
- Good team player with the ability to build effective relationships across the organisation and promote an environment of trust and flexibility
- Must have the ability to recognise potential problems at an early stage and work towards identifying solutions.
- Will need to be organised.
- Manage ongoing relationships with stakeholders across the region
- Previous experience of implementing new payroll software desirable
- Previous banking experience desirable but not essential
- Understanding of payroll accounting and finance
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online with your CV in English.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.