EMEA Intelligence Analyst
- Camberly, England, United Kingdom Camberly England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 18 Mar 18 2018-03-18
EMEA Intelligence Analyst
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Location: London or Camberley
Line of Business: Chief Administrative Office ("CAO")
The Global Corporate Security team is currently seeking an Intelligence Analyst for Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) to join its Global Analytical Team. This position will be responsible, in conjunction with a second regional analyst, for providing timely, valuable, and actionable security intelligence/information products (both routine and ad hoc) for the EMEA region, and the global BAC footprint as directed, to identify and assess the realised or potential security impact to Bank of America Merrill Lynch (BofAML) facilities, operations and employees.
The role requires an individual who is self-motivated, creative, able to work independently with limited guidance, and able to work in a high pressure, time sensitive environment.
In return we not only offer the training and support you'd expect from a leading global bank but also the opportunity to grow your career within Bank of America. With exposure to a variety of financial products and the continued year-on-year growth of the team, we can offer excellent mobility and development.
As an Intelligence Analyst your main responsibilities will involve:
- Collects, researches, and analyses geopolitical, crime, threat, and intelligence-related data from a variety of sources to identify and evaluate threats and trends in the EMEA region that have the potential to impact BofAML and assist Global Corporate Security leadership in risk mitigation
- Prepares timely, valuable and actionable analysis for Global Corporate Security personnel and lines of business and recommends strategies to mitigate risks from findings
- Participates in the Security Risk Dashboard review process; prepares brief threat overviews on BofAML presence locations, as well as Travel Safety reports for frequently travelled to high-risk destinations in the region
- During crisis situations, works closely with key partners such as Enterprise Event Response, to issue enterprise communications containing a vetted summary of event and impact to BofAML's facilities, operations and employees
- Participate in after-hours global on-call analyst rotation; including being designated as on-call analyst for one weekend a month
As an Intelligence Analyst your skills, qualifications and competencies will ideally include:
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in political science, security studies, journalism, economics or related field
- Solid experience working as an Intelligence Analyst in either the public or private sector, or other political risk or security-related background
- Proven research skills, including ability to quickly research and provide analysis on complex and unfamiliar topics
- Excellent writing and communication skills in the English language with knowledge and understanding of analytical writing styles (clear, effective, and brief)
- Willing to serve in a rotating 'on-call' capacity to support 24/7 security events
- Fluency in additional languages and/or experience working/living abroad is a plus
- Achieves Results
- Acts with Courage and Conviction
- Demonstrates Initiative
- Communicates Effectively
- Learns and Adapts
- Manages Multiple Priorities
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.