Working as part of the broader Employee Communications team, the role holder will, through a business partnership approach provide strategic site-related communications and colleague engagement support to key stakeholders and the Northampton Steering Committee.
Job Title - Communications Lead - VP Location - Northampton IAR - NO Overall purpose of role Working as part of the broader Employee Communications team, the role holder will, through a business partnership approach:
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- provide strategic site-related communications and colleague engagement support to key stakeholders and the Northampton Steering Committee
- develop an internal communications plan which aligns to Barclays' Location Strategy and Group milestones, creates opportunities to strengthen the vibrant culture in Northampton and maximises engagement throughout a period of sustained and positive change
- work in partnership with site leadership and Employee Communications teams (particularly Barclaycard, Chief Operating Office and Functions), relevant HR, Corporate Real Estate Solutions, Citizenship, Diversity & Inclusion and Early Careers teams to drive colleague and community engagement in Northampton
- create opportunities for Barclays' leadership, clients, and business partners to engage with colleagues and work with Employee Communications teams to ensure alignment to the bank's overall strategic narrative, purpose and values, with an unwavering focus on strategic outcomes
- liaise with the Government Relations and Media Relations teams, and the appropriate local Barclays Head of Corporate Affairs (HOCA) as appropriate, to ensure consistent key messaging for all regional external events which Barclays attends or hosts
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree (BA/BS) in a relevant area such as English, PR, or Economics.
- Employee communications and engagement experience (in-house or agency)
- Ideally indirect or direct experience of technology or operations within a highly matrixed, global organisation.
- Experience of Financial Services would be very valuable.
- Team oriented, strong communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Blend of internal and external communication skills and well versed in employee engagement. strategies and their impact on culture and sustainable performance.
- Creative and entrepreneurial.
Ability to influence, to work autonomously but within a matrix team structure, to navigate a complex organisation.