User Experience Manager
- Bristol, England, United Kingdom Bristol England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Mar 18 2018-03-20
See job description for details
We're looking for a User Experience (UX) Manager to join us in Bristol
- We'll look to you to be a passionate advocate for great customer service and have the desire to keep honing your user focused design expertise
- You'll be at the forefront of improving the online UX for our business customers
- You'll have genuine creative impact, and will be well positioned to gain recognition and transform the experience for our customers
- Your aptitude for research and strategy will help you pave the way in making a real difference to our digital banking future
What you'll do
As a UX Manager, you'll be responsible for designing and optimising world-class customer journeys and experiences that go via our transactional platforms, sales platforms and other digital estates (covering desktop, mobile and other devices) for Commercial and Corporate customers. You'll have a strong focus on improving user experiences, and you'll keep the evolving needs of our customers at the centre of the journeys you design and develop.
You'll also be:
- Working with members of the team to develop new solutions which bring truly customer centred improvements
- Collaborating with key stakeholders across the bank to gain buy-in on solutions and support for any changes that will have an operational impact on our staff and customers
- Delivering a series of new journeys and improvements which make the digital support we offer stand out among our competitors, making us easy and intuitive to do business with
The skills you'll need
Along with experience in a similar role, you'll have a passion for customer service, and you'll bring a strong understanding of digital innovation to find pioneering ways to enhance our customers' digital journeys.
You'll also need experience designing and screening journeys using UX principles, and experience of designing for mobile would be an advantage. Some experience in a customer facing role would be extremely valuable, and would allow you to bring insight on our customers' needs, and where we might need to improve or deliver new experiences.
We'll look to you to demonstrate:
- Positivity in your approach to implementing change, and to making a difference both in the business and in the way our customers feel about us
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills which allow you to form strong relationships across teams
- An ability to influence and negotiate with a variety of stakeholders across the business
- Strong organisational and planning skills, which will help you to efficiently plan and implement your changes
- The confidence to challenge the status quo and bring people together to work towards a common goal
- A thorough understanding of User Centred Design processes, and techniques such as user research and testing, user needs analysis, workshop facilitation, user journey mapping, sketching and wireframing, prototyping and measuring and benchmarking
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.