Transforming Change Risk Partner
- Bristol, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 21 Mar 19
Transforming Change Risk Partner
14 April 2019
Please note, this vacancy will close at 00:01am on the specified closing date rather than 11:59pm. Please ensure all applications are received before 00.01am on the specified closing date.
£54,675 - £72,900
We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
In summary, the purpose of this role is to analyse, investigate and evaluate risk, develop policy recommendations, and challenge and advise the business to ensure risks are understood, mitigated and controlled.
Please note - The salary guide for this role is £55,800 to £105,480 per year, depending on experience and location.
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's leading Digital Bank and biggest mobile bank with nearly 14 million active online customers across our three brands. Now that we have already created the market leader in digital banking, we are on a journey to create the bank of the future, for which we are investing £3bn across platforms, people and data capabilities to truly become the best bank for customers.
GROUP TRANSFORMATION COO BUSINESS RISK:
We love to do things differently in COO Business Risk.
- We encourage our employees to challenge the status quo and to come up with new and innovative idea.
- Putting our customers first is a priority for us.
- We make it our priority to make sure that we add value and make thing cost effective for our customers;
- Our people are our greatest asset and are an integral part of our success.
Our vision is to be the best first line risk team in banking. Our purpose is to help the Group achieve its strategic objectives in a safe and controlled way.
- To be the Leading 1st Line Risk Function in Financial Services in the UK
- Work collaboratively to guide, support and challenge on all risk related matters.
- Responsible for the successful delivery of the risk agenda against internal and regulatory requirements.
- Look for solutions to enable the business to achieve its goals in a compliant manner.
- Facilitating Group Transformation's key external regulatory relationships.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and delivering positive outcomes for customers.
- Protect Group Transformation & CIO by supporting the business to identify report and mitigate risks.
- Gain insight through data, to develop an enhanced risk management framework, supporting fair sustained customer outcomes.
- Work directly with teams to help mitigate risk and aid smooth transition along the life-cycle of a project.
- Transform the bank in a safe and compliant way
The Transforming Chang e Risk Partner role
This newly created role represents an opportunity for a highly motivated Risk professional to work at the heart of how the Group transforms its way of delivering change, enabling the COO Business Risk to influence the way we deliver change and ensure the transformation is undertaken safely.
Transforming Change is focussed around a number of key work-streams:
- Optimus (Methodology / Change toolkit);
- Communications & Engagement;
- Engineering; and
As a Transforming Change Risk Partner, you'll be instrumental in the Transforming Change programme and all key work-streams, developing your knowledge and understanding of what is being delivered to ensure that:
- Appropriate and expected key controls are designed for how the Group delivers change through GSR3 and other major programmes.
- Change, Execution and Delivery Risk is being managed appropriately within the programme.
- Support is provided to COO Business Risk senior management in decision making for senior governance committees.
- You'll also be expected to attend Delivery Forum level governance and be comfortable in challenging and raising concerns to senior colleagues within Group Transformation.
In addition, you'll build relationships and engage regularly with Divisional Transition Leads to ensure that transitional states and organisation designs have been fully understood and are fit for purpose.
This role is critical in enabling COO Business Risk to influence the way Labs & Engineering transformation is designed and structured.
- Senior Risk Partner for the Transforming Change Sponsor and senior programme management.
- Provide support and challenge to ensure the TC Programme is delivering fit for purpose controls.
- Engage regularly with Divisional Transition State leads, providing feedback and challenge to the proposed transitional states and target operating models including the go / no go decisions.
- Report to the Execution and Transition Risk Lead, supporting with any key decisions that are required and insights for Transforming Change Committee.
- Represent COO Business Risk on Delivery Forum level governance.
- Build and develop a risk profile for Transforming Change, ensuring programme management are following appropriate governance and support in the escalation and resolution of risks.
- Drive and develop a culture of continuous improvement in all areas to identify solutions which deliver risk remediation and mitigation within risk appetite.
- Demonstrate continuous learning and self-development, especially around emerging Agile and Systems thinking concepts
- Demonstrate core Lloyds Banking Group values and behaviours as an active team member
Skills and Experience Needed:
- Self-driven, highly motivated with an appetite for Risk management and a track record of strong performance.
- Has extensive experience in risk management and in how the Group delivers change (today and tomorrow) and derives value from risk management, to make good risk decisions, and to drive continuous improvement.
- Can operate in an ambiguous and constantly changing environment making use of available data to make good decisions and be prepared to provide subjective insightful views backed by appropriate data in simple ways.
- A capable communicator, who can develop and utilise a personal network across the organisation, confident and effective in dealing with senior stakeholders
- Not afraid of challenging the status quo and advising senior leadership within the programme, doing so in a way that is collaborative, supportive and encourages them to improve and embed new ways of working.
- Self starter who is able to work without the need for constant guidance and direction; knowing when to escalate key concerns to senior management within the Programme and COO Business Risk
So why should you choose COO Business Risk for the next stage in your career?
- We will encourage you to do what is right and empower you to make the right decision.
- We will invest in your career with development plans and opportunities to grow and learn.
We believe in supporting colleagues to achieve their potential - delivering the best outcomes for customers and society. And our scale enables us to offer genuine opportunities to have a fulfilling career, whatever your ambitions.
Making you feel valued is important to us so we offer a highly competitive reward package - based on acting responsibly, and demonstrating our values and ethics. In addition to the salary you can expect the following as part of your total reward package:
- On target discretionary performance-related bonus
- 4% of your salary paid to you in flex cash
- 30 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Car or cash allowance
- Life assurance
- Private medical care
- Share schemes
- Contributory pension contributions
Do you want to be part of an inclusive, values-based culture passionate about making a difference? If you aspire to work in an innovative, digitally-led environment that moves at pace, join us for our journey and we'll help you fulfill yours. We need talented people like you if we are to continue to innovate, collaborate and adapt to meet the on-going needs of our customers. Come and be a part of a Group that wants to be known for putting the customer first; a company that keeps it simple; a place where we make a difference together. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.