Software Engineer, Core Development, Bristol
- Bristol, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Selby Jennings UK
- 08 Feb 19
There is an exciting new opportunity for an Engineer to join a core software development team on behalf of a multi-billion pound tech focused trading firm. There are a number of exciting projects within this Core Development environment where you can have a global impact to the firm.
The successful candidate will work in small teams to rapidly design, develop and deploy critical features to real-time trading platforms. They will work with both remote and local team members to deliver high quality software.
The Core Development team codes, tests, designs and maintains high-performance, distributed systems that enables trading on more than 80 financial exchanges on one of the most powerful computing grids in the world.
Key requirements for the Software Engineer (Core Development):
- Bachelors' degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience in development of software projects using Python, C++, Java or C#
- Basic understanding of networking, data structures and threading models
- Passion for building optimal solutions from scratch and problem solving, rather than assembling existing libraries
- Experience working on multi-location development projects is preferred