Senior Strategic Insight Analyst
Monday 22 July 2019 Salary Range We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options Job Description Summary
Uses data analysis and visualisations to support business decision making
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's largest Digital, Retail and Commercial Bank with a focus on Helping Britain Prosper.
The optimal use of data is a significant business differentiator so we're investing over £3bn
to further transform our people, platforms and analytics capabilities.
Sitting within Group Transformation, Group Analytics
(GA) has a major role in our transformation by becoming a centre-of-excellence for analytics - realising our ambition to be a truly data driven organisation by:
- Delivering a range analytical solutions across a number of strategic areas, supporting the business by helping drive strategies through data and analytics.
- Developing customer segmentations to delivering machine learning models, they're using the latest tools and approaches to help make quicker, more data-led decisions.
Join them and you could be involved in anything from helping build new products and propositions to answering important strategic business questions of scale.
Their culture in GA also follows clear principles, promoting a positive, collaborative and creative culture so you'd enjoy a diverse, innovative and energising place to work. Sound like your kind of place?
We're looking for Analysts who can influence strategy to join a new team using data to help strategic business decision-making with accuracy and pace.
You could help make it possible...
You'd be analysing the wealth of behavioural and transactional data we hold on 30m+ customers to help us become the best bank for customers a data-led bank of the future. What would you get involved with?
- Delivering real value by producing creative and innovative analytical solutions which influence key business decisions
- Using cutting-edge statistical and business modelling approaches.
- Leading internal Group-wide customer relationships, helping them to make decisions through advanced analytics and data visualisations
- Championing the prominent role of data and analysis in decision-making at all levels
- Helping to build a thriving and collaborative analyst community across the Group
And the skills/background you'd possess?
- You're the sort of confident senior analyst we're after - passionate about solving problems and finding innovative ways to bring data to life.
- You'll possess a mix of communication skills, able to influence and work effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
- You'll be adept at asking intelligent questions and translating complex analysis into compelling stories and making light of the data.
- And you'll have the creativity we actively encourage to innovate and help build a truly state of the art analytics function
- You should have a deep knowledge of data analysis and visualisation techniques and confident in using both statistical software and principles to undertake analysis - any skills with R being especially advantageous.
- Comfortable with obtaining data from various sources (data warehouses etc.) your commercial and strategic outlook enables you to create insight solutions to answer business questions and inform decisions - SQL being essential
- You're also a natural at conveying stories using impactful data visualisations and providing a reasoned narrative.
- Finally, your CV will demonstrate the people nurturing and team-centric behaviours of someone who helps build enjoyable places to work and can deputise for Senior colleagues when needed.
Wider experience of tools and technologies such as Tableau or Hadoop etc. would be very useful. Similarly an appreciation of Agile principles or experience of working in an agile environment would be put to good use. What will you get in return?
Over and above our team ethos we're genuine about both equal opportunity and our colleagues representing the communities we serve - developing and progressing the best of our people. We'll also provide you with a package that includes:
- A performance bonus of c15%, a car/allowance, generous pension, private health and much more...
- This on top of a salary between c£49k and c£57k depending on your skills and experience.
So if you have the analysis and storytelling skills we're seeking then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you... At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop. We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.