End Date Salary Range
£54,117 - £60,130 We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion Job Description Summary
Lloyds banking Group is on the mission to build the bank of the future, and we need your help do it. Continuing our extensive transformation programme, we're redefining what a bank is from the inside out. Our technology, our culture, and our mind-set is changing to craft a true engineering-led organisation.
We're looking to recruit a Release Manager who will be responsible for delivery management across one or more squads within the Data Management Services Lab. The Release Manager will be responsible for ensuring scheduling, coordination and the management of releases across the enterprise for multiple applications across the Data Management portfolio. The releases can be inclusive of application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, Projects and Programs. Where necessary you'll provide tools and services to help product management and project teams manage and deploy releases into production About the role:
Within Group Transformation, a Data Management Services Lab has been created to manage the planning and delivery of data management capabilities to the organisation. In this respect, the Data Management Services Lab is responsible for all aspects of the data product life cycle including requirements gathering, product scoping and feasibility, road map and delivery management, as well as championing effective Data Management.
Data plays a key role in our vision to become the Best Bank for Customers, as we put our customers and their data at the heart of the solutions we deliver. We do this by delivering expertly, collaboratively and creatively.
We're responsible for providing the Group with data that is understood, available, reliable and used...enabling us to get closer to our customers.
As a motivated and expert data practitioner, your Release Management skills are in high demand and you'll appreciate the value and importance of defined quality data. What you'll do
We believe that people don't fit neatly into roles, and we value everyone's individual skills, experience, and knowledge - it's what makes you awesome!
What follows is what you might find our Release Manager mostly doing, but your experience will flex depending on the team's needs, and your own aspirations. Our objective is to grow and create an environment where you can do what you enjoy.
Key accountabilities and capabilities of this role include
- You'll have experience in Data Management disciplines
- Have an ability to work with a wide range of colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- Evidence delivery of Release Management solutions alongside your experience of analyzing data and drawing conclusions
- You'll demonstrate mentoring skills and guidance to help build a strong performing team who embrace and excel using agile delivery methodology.
- Forward Plan the release windows and cycles across a portfolio
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
- Produce Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans
- Weekly Release Reporting
- Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
- Work with release engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges
- Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
- Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
- Develops scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
- Participate in meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
- Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
- Researches new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyses their application to current configuration management needs
- Experience of working with Data Management technology solutions would be desirable skill for this position.
- Personal qualities Lloyds Banking Group looks for include excellent verbal and written communication skills and resilience while keeping the customer at the center of everything you do.
We deeply value diversity, and are proudly committed to being an equal opportunity employer. If this is you, come and join our inclusive, values-led culture focused on making a difference. Together we'll make it possible...So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity. You'll also receive a package that includes
Sound like you? Are you interested in joining us? Apply today, we'd love to hear from you... At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop. We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.
- Car allowance
- Discretionary bonus circa 20 % of base pay
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Generous pension contribution.
- Share plans
- 30 days holiday