Regional Business Development Manager
Regional Business Development Manager Job Title: Regional Business Development Manager Employment Type: Full Time - Permanent Location: Bristol Impact of the Business Development Manager role
We need an experienced business development manager who will help our Bristol office achieve its ambitious growth targets. You will have a direct impact on gaining a better understanding of market opportunities and helping to realise these through the development of appropriate marketing and pursuit plans. In so doing you will provide greater transparency to the sales pipeline and proactively manage it. Responsibilities Key responsibilities of the BD manager role: Revenue conversion & Bid elements of role:
* Understand local market and where specific opportunities may be and work with the local partner team to drive office strategy accordingly
* Provide bid support and challenge to internal teams throughout the bid cycle, ensuring teams follow our best practice pursuits process and you maximise win rates through the use of our best practice tools.
* Ensure all opportunities are qualified appropriately and that a proactive win strategy is put in place where appropriate
* Constantly review and improve sales/pursuit processes to ensure we keep our discipline. Client listening and account management elements of role
* Ensure appropriate client feedback is gathered using firm-wide mechanisms for doing so, acting on isolated and trend issues ensuring there is an agreed plan for resolution
* Have a detailed understanding of key client accounts and work with local stakeholders to ensure proactive strategies are in place to grow/retain work
* Proactively manage your own accounts and drive revenue growth across all services.
* Ensure the local firm leverages the expertise of the wider firm to create opportunities and maximise ROI Sales behaviour elements of the role:
* Improve sales behaviours across the office through training and development, either delivered personally or through leveraging the wider expertise of the firm.
* Encourage wider involvement in BD through formal and informal initiatives
* Drive a winning mind-set in the regional business by helping the business learn from our successes and our failures. Marketing campaign elements of role:
* Build and maintain relationships with local referrers
* Ensure all marketing activity is aligned to and supports the local strategy
* Understand and leverage national marketing campaigns in to local marketplace
* Liaise with regional MSC colleagues to leverage ideas and mitigate duplication of effort Requirements Technical knowledge & professional qualities:
* Strong understanding of professional services preferred, including how services are procured
* Strong understanding of matrix-based organisations with complex service offerings
* Strong knowledge of local economy and drivers for change
* Track record of initiating new client relationships
* Experience across online and offline channels and ability to determine most appropriate for any given campaign to maximise ROI
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.