Public Sector Audit Executive
Job Description Summary:
Come and think independently with an organisation that's doing the same. We're determined to help shape a Vibrant Economy in the UK and beyond. It's why we empower our people to bring new ideas to the table and take the lead in driving them forward. It's invigorating. It's inspiring. It's creating opportunities every day for our clients, our business, and everyone here. So, bring your passion, ambitions and ideas, and together, let's make change happen.
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
Our clients operate in uncertain times. It's our job to work with them to help them grow sustainably and fulfil their responsibilities. In audit, we work with clients of all different sizes across many different sectors.
You'll work with clients at their sites, getting to the heart of how they work and the challenges they face. Making the most of your audit experience and client management skills, you'll help our clients mitigate risks and work more effectively. We're the number one supplier of public sector audit services to local governments and the NHS. Join our public sector audit team and you won't just make a difference to your clients. You'll make a difference to vital health and public services that impact on people's lives and help to shape a vibrant economy where people thrive. Job Description:
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing Audit team covering the South West based out of the Bristol office. What you'll be doing:
•Responsible for managing key client portfolio and building and maintaining good working relationships with all colleagues and clients
• Assists the audit partner in establishing audit objectives and overall scope
• Ensures key matters which arise during the audit which were not identified at the planning stage are properly assessed and dealt with
• Reviews the work of in-charge accountants and also of office specialists (tax, risk)
• Checks that audit work papers have been properly reviewed and that audit files are completed in a timely manner and are properly filed and maintained on the network
• Determines that all audit reports reflect the work performed and meet set reporting and auditing standards
• Remains updated to clients' business and is the key contact for day-to-day queries
• Follows through on any concerns regarding an audit assignment with the audit partner and manages to balance risks and commercial returns
• Adheres to the firms risk management policies and procedures, including being familiar with and consulting the audit manual and advising junior employees on application of procedures Who we're looking for:
We are looking for collaborative individuals with good communication skills that want to work with a diverse client base.
You'll be fully qualified (CIPFA, ACA, CA, ACCA or equivalent) with the ability to lead external audits (minimum criteria)
Able understand that excellent customer service is the key to client engagement
You should be commercially focused with good relationship management skills, and any BD experience would be a bonus.
If you are looking to challenge yourself and develop your career, please apply!
Passionate about supporting, advising and helping businesses achieve their potential, you'll be someone who wants to make a difference and shape your career and a Vibrant Economy. You'll have strong technical skills and experience of providing clients with quality services.
You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values - Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We're looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
- Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
- We create sustainable value for our clients
- We are better together
- Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
- We never compromise on quality
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you'll be able to shape your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and across our global network of member firms. You'll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs. Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. Over the past few years we've been making big changes - moving towards becoming a shared enterprise. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we're better together.