Manager - Corps Accounting Advisory Services
- Bristol, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 13 Feb 19
The team predominately provides specialist accounting and financial advice, assurance and support to public sector clients with a focus on those operating within the A&D sector. Typical engagements delivered by the team include advising on accounting and budgetary reporting requirements, contract reviews, financial analysis, technical accounting advice under the FReM and quasi-assurance projects performing agreed upon procedures. The team also provides accounting and finance advice to private companies within the A&D sector with a focus on support to the tendering for public sector contracts and the implications of submissions for public sector budgets.
The role is to work as a Manager within the growing Aerospace and Defence (A&D) Accounting Advisory Services team. The role will involve managing and delivering AAS engagements and supporting the business development activities to support the growth of the team. The key responsibilities are:
- Management of teams in delivering large-scale accounting/finance related engagements delivering high quality output to demanding timescales.
- Providing robust accounting advice and financial analysis to support the client’s accounting and finance functions.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with both clients and KPMG individuals.
- Thought leadership and general practice development in support of the growth of the team.
- Effective risk management on all engagements.
The role will be based in Bristol with an expectation of some UK travel as, whilst the team’s current portfolio of clients operates in the Bristol area, the expected growth will be across other parts of the UK.
Depending on the department’s needs and your own goals, there may also be an opportunity to work on public sector accounting advice projects in sectors outside of A&D.
The key skills and competencies required are:
- Strong problem solving and analytical ability with an attention to detail.
- Proven track record of building client and internal relationships.
- Ability to manage project teams of up to 6 staff effectively.
- Proficient in using Excel to analyse large amounts of data.
- Candidate must either hold, or be capable of obtaining, Security Clearance from the UK Government.
Qualifications and Skills
Qualified ACA/ACCA accountant with knowledge of public sector accounting rules, processes and issues, particularly as they relate to Defence.