Investment Specialist (Wales & West) - Schroders Personal Wealth
Sunday 28 July 2019 Salary Range
£45,099 - £50,110 We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion Job Description Summary
Lloyds Banking Group has entered into a strategic partnership with Schroders plc to create a market leading wealth proposition.
The partnership will combine our significant customer base, multi-channel distribution and digital capabilities with Schroders' investment and wealth management expertise and technology capabilities.
The new company will offer financial planning services to affluent UK customers. It will combine personal relationships with an easy to use service, enabled by Benchmark Capital's technology, a Schroders owned company.
Our new joint venture with Schroders plc will allow us to create a best-in-class investment and financial planning service for our Wealth customers, and we will be transferring part of our existing Wealth Management business to the new joint venture.
This partnership is a key part of the Group's strategy to serve our customers, accelerate growth in Wealth by using our multi-channel customer reach and Schroders' investment expertise, with the aim of becoming a top UK financial planning business within five years.
Based in the Central England region, this position reports directly to the Head of Investment Specialists - Schroders Personal Wealth (SPW). The role holder will support efforts to manage the investment SME support and communications interface with the SPW customer base in the Wales and West regions, working to build a clear and consistent positioning of SPW in the market and with our clients. The team will help to raise the profile of SPW's reputation as investment manager of choice for private clients.
The successful candidate will require technical expertise and good investment related experience which they will have gained within an asset management environment. The role requires a strong investment communicator with marketing and communications experience.
The candidates for this role do need recognised investment qualifications since this is now an FCA requirement in order to talk to clients about investments. The actual qualifications can vary but the very minimal is Level 4 (IMC - both parts) but preferred L6 or L7 (Chartered CISI or CFA or equivalent - there are other bodies and the FCA publishes a list on its website).
Along with the specialist skills listed above the role requires someone who is strategically minded with a track record of supporting client acquisition and retention. Key accountabilities include:
- Quant analysis of fund/discretionary investment offers.
- Internal and external investment communications experience including product specialist roles.
- Support Front Office (Relationship Managers/Wealth Advisors) with investment insight, training, market overviews, technical analysis - utilising internal specialists and resources of our outsourced investment management partners.
- Supporting client seminars and participation in 3rd party wealth management conferences as required. This would include speaker engagements to stakeholder audiences - large and small.
- Helping the team to deliver portfolio specialist communications support to HNW client Relationships Managers to win new business and aid client retention.
- Supporting the Relationship Managers/Wealth Advisors on investment related matters in private client meetings where required
- Ensure 100% regulatory compliance of all client materials and presentations.
Experience, Skills, Capabilities required:
- Manage production of professional pitch packs, KFD, fund fact sheets, illustrations etc.
- Experienced senior product or investment specialist with a technical background preferred - minimum 7 years
- Track record in investment communications including production of professional presentations, experience in PowerPoint essential
- Investment related experience gained within an asset management environment - credible investment communicator and capability for high quality production design
- Demonstrable understanding and active interest in macroeconomics and financial markets with the ability to articulate in communications to a broad audience
- Quant analysis capabilities with experienced in use of financial data tools such as Morningstar, Financial Express, Bloomberg
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop. We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.
- Excellent inter-personal, influencing and communication skills and an evidenced track record in speaking at events to large audiences.
- Manage client relationships and ensure satisfactory completion of all deliverables
- Perform requirements gathering and business analysis
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with ambiguity
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in simple terms