Job Description Summary:
Come and think independently with an organisation that's doing the same. We're determined to help shape a Vibrant Economy in the UK and beyond. It's why we empower our people to bring new ideas to the table and take the lead in driving them forward. It's invigorating. It's inspiring. It's creating opportunities every day for our clients, our business, and everyone here. So bring your passion, ambitions and ideas, and together, let's make change happen. The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. Job Description:
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
Our forensics and investigations (FIS) team provides vital support to corporates, lawyers and prosecuting authorities on financial matters arising in disputes and investigations. You'll combine deep technical knowledge and expertise to perform fascinating and complex investigations and provide financial support for disputes. Every case is completely different.
You will gain experience across the FIS service offering and will contribute to the development of our practice through a proactive business development (BD) strategy, getting out to market regularly. You will work within a local FIS team that works closely with the national FIS practice as well as with other departments within Grant Thornton. You will also get to build the skills to develop your career through excellent tailored internal and external training.
You will also develop specialist technical skills in the areas of business valuation, supporting a local specialist, learning about a new market with every valuation.
What you'll be doing:
- Delivering high quality client work as part of your engagement team, carrying out detailed analysis and research and producing written reports and presentations for our clients.
- Assimilating a large amount of information quickly and ascertaining the key points of interest for our clients.
- Carrying out a broad range of analysis which varies widely from engagement to engagement, such as: investigating complex frauds, carrying out analysis of loss of profits suffered by businesses in commercial litigation and other proceedings, understanding expenditure on infrastructure projects, reviewing evidence of anti-competitive behaviour and much more.
- For contentious business valuation work, you will be carrying out: market research, detailed analysis of the companies and their competitors, market multiple analysis, discounted cash flow (DCF) calculations and other valuation methodology calculations as may be appropriate for the engagement.
- Presenting findings to the team in a clear manner, drawing out relevant conclusions.
- With time, building a trusted relationship with client staff and communicating our analysis and conclusions with them.
- Proactively developing your own network of internal and external contacts through BD activities.
- Supporting more senior team members with the BD strategy, identifying targets and co-ordinating networking events and marketing materials.
- Reviewing the work of junior staff and when appropriate training and appraising junior staff.
- Proactively developing your own skill and technical knowledge through internal and external training, as well as carrying out your own technical reading.
Who we're looking for:
- You should have an ACA, ACCA or equivalent professional qualification. (Minimum requirement)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, primarily Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
- Some experience of business valuation and/or forensic investigations and disputes is desirable although not required.
- While the role will be based in the Grant Thornton Bristol office, there is a requirement to travel to London and occasionally other Grant Thornton offices as required.
You will relish variety, as no two projects are the same. You will have a genuine interest in our clients. You will be a detail orientated professional with strong analytical skills, combined with an ability to work on a portfolio of projects. You will be comfortable working independently using your own experience and initiative but also in teams, including managing junior staff.
Passionate about supporting, advising and helping businesses achieve their potential, you'll be someone who wants to make a difference and shape your career and a Vibrant Economy. You'll have strong technical skills and experience of providing clients with quality services.
You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values - Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We're looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
- Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
- We create sustainable value for our clients
- We are better together
- Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
- We never compromise on quality
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you'll be able to progress your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and beyond. You'll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we're better together.