See job description for details
The Requirements Join Coutts in Bristol as a Specialist Adviser
What you'll do
- Take on a role with real scope for development and deliver quality financial planning advice to our clients
- Based in the South West & Wales region, which is a key sector for Coutts, you'll be working closely with Wealth Managers and Private Bankers to provide the expert financial advice our clients need
- At Coutts we offer modern banking based on traditional values - so although our name may be steeped in history, our products and services are very much for today
You'll be the lead adviser where financial planning and complex structuring opportunities have been identified for clients with more than £1 million of investments. This will involve collaborating with Wealth Managers to build strong client relationships for our investment clients in the professional sector. You'll also be identifying opportunities to grow the business by strengthening existing relationships and deepening the number of client needs met.
As you'll be providing trusted and regulated advice to clients, you'll be working in perfect compliance with all relevant policy, risk and control frameworks.
Your responsibilities will include:
The skills you'll need
- Leading on all referrals received from the Wealth Manager population to advise clients on their financial planning needs
- Increasing awareness of the benefits of financial planning and structuring within the Wealth Manager population so that referral opportunities increase
- Becoming a subject matter expert on all areas of financial planning and wealth management, and where required helping internal stakeholders understand the benefits of financial planning
- Coaching and mentoring junior employees, both formally and informally
- Keeping up-to-date with financial markets and macroeconomic news, and being well informed of Coutts' views of markets and asset classes,
- Demonstrating a fundamental commitment to Coutts' business principles through outstanding client service, professionalism and risk management
We're looking for someone with a successful record of delivering advice in a regulated, client focused environment. You must also possess at least a CISI Level 4 certificate or equivalent, and be willing to work towards the achievement of a level 6 qualification covering securities, derivatives and packaged products, within six months of starting this role, if you don't have this already.
We'll also look to you to demonstrate:
How we'll reward you
- A record of delivering strong results and excellent client service
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with the ability to build strong and trusting relationships with clients and colleagues across the bank
- Appropriate investment skills, including expertise in detailed client profiling, risk analysis and asset allocation
- Strong client relationship management skills
- The passion to keep learning and developing, and an ability to articulate current views on the macroeconomic environments and financial markets
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer. Inclusion
At Coutts, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.