Financial Accounting Advisory - Insurance - Senior/Assistant Manager
Financial Accounting Advisory - Insurance - Senior/Assistant Manager - Bristol
The Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team specialises in helping clients implement changes to regulatory and financial reporting. The areas we work in include Solvency II reporting, IFRS conversion support, implementation of new IFRS, UK GAAP and US GAAP accounting standards, accounting control or process support and assistance with public offerings.
Within EY, FAAS operates across a global network and in the UK has dedicated team focussing on Financial Services clients.
We are interested in hearing from strong financial accountants who are looking to move out of industry to practice, or from audit into advisory services. Our opportunities will allow you to have the chance to apply your financial accounting and regulatory knowledge in the advisory space, work on a variety of projects and offer you flexibility and excellent career progression opportunities.
We are the market leader in advising financial services clients, evidenced by the large number of accounting and regulatory change and conversion engagements we are working on.
We are currently recruiting for Seniors in the Insurance team based in London , who can help support our ambitious growth plans. What you will do:
• Conduct analyses on accounting and regulatory policies applied in financial statements and other regulatory reporting;
• Research on technical accounting and regulatory issues and the production of briefing papers for clients and our own staff;
• Work with the financial and regulatory reporting teams at our clients to help deliver financial information and to improve reporting processes;
• Assist in providing technical advice to ad-hoc accounting and regulatory queries from clients and internal staff in other service lines and across EMEIA;
• Work with our clients implementing new or revised accounting standards such as IFRS 17 and IFRS 16, GAAP conversions and regulatory change such as Solvency II. Requirements:
• Accountancy qualification;
• Experience of working with IFRS, UK GAAP, US GAAP or Solvency II in the Insurance industry;
• Good understanding of Insurance accounting and regulatory reporting and best practices;
• Knowledge of finance or regulatory processes applicable to insurers;;
• Ability to utilise research effectively and explain complex subjects in a clear manner;
• Analytical capability, attention to detail;
• Good interpersonal skills: written and presentation.
Opening date - 22/03/2019
Closing date - 20/04/2019
Multiple Roles Available
Location - Bristol
Salary - Competitive
#LI-P Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.