- Not Specified
- Bristol, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Apr 19
Are you passionate about working with a FTSE 100 organisation, where you are given the scope to develop professionally, the opportunity to develop challenging roadmaps and provide IT strategy for a business? At Aviva, we help 34 million customers save for the future and manage
Are you passionate about working with a FTSE 100 organisation, where you are given the scope to develop professionally, the opportunity to develop challenging roadmaps and provide IT strategy for a business?
At Aviva, we help 34 million customers save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life, with strong businesses in 16 markets in the UK, Europe, Asia and Canada.
UK Insurance (UKI) Strategy and Architecture is seeking experienced Enterprise Architects to join the team. We work with key partners across business areas, markets and other technology professionals to help Aviva deliver its outcomes and drive our business ambition.
As the successful Enterprise Architect, you will operate in the UK Insurance business reporting into the Head of UKI Strategy and Architecture and be part of the Global Strategy and Architecture practice.
You will be accountable for providing strategic context, direction, roadmaps and standards to drive the strategy and business transformational roadmaps. You will work with a range of senior stakeholders from Aviva and partner organisations, sharing knowledge, decisions, patterns and lessons learnt to improve productivity and enhance capability.
The location of the role is flexible and can be based in York, Norwich or Bristol. Travel between these and other Aviva locations will be necessary dependent on the role as needs dictate.
Aviva is a large, complex, fast-changing organisation. Therefore, you will need to be able to operate effectively in this environment and find ways to simplify the technology estate and support the business in achieving their goals.
- Develop technology vision to fulfil business ambition and reduce costs
- The ability to define target architecture and agreed roadmaps
- Communicate future IT architecture to sponsors and secure investment
- Deliver strategic change through projects, vendors and partners
- Govern change against Architecture standards, working with Lead Solution Architects to ensure quality and alignment to roadmaps, principles and standards
- The development and maintenance of domain specific IT technology roadmaps in line with the business imperatives
- The articulation of IT investments and decisions required to implement the Business and IT strategy
- The architectural assessment of change portfolios across one or more domains to support delivery of the IT Strategy
- Govern change activities to drive alignment to overall strategic direction and ensure the integrity of the solutions from functional, service and compliance perspectives
- An external focus looking at bringing new thinking into Aviva. This will include the identification of new technologies and IT capabilities and their benefits and value to the business, leveraging external sources and competitor analysis
- Knowledge and active use of industry frameworks and tools would be helpful
Skills and experience required:
- Strong analytical capability and background
- Have strong personal impact and influencing skills
- Excellent Enterprise Architecture skills
- Broad vision of industry standards, new technologies and market key trends
- Deep understanding of IT service operations and change management
- Demonstrably strong cross-cultural influencing skills
- Have strong knowledge of end to end IT programs and projects management
- Financial acumen to support development of business cases and to inform key design decisions
- Ability to anticipate future trends and needs as well as leading current environment
- Ability to think long-term strategically and operationally
- Have excellent partner and relationship management capabilities at all levels
- Experience of operating at senior management levels
- Technical and Thought Leadership skills
What will you get for this role?
- Salary between £42,750 - £82,400 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme and discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras”
Additional Information and Equal Opportunity
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we love to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer, we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability (as defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Lacey Lane Mckoy in the Resourcing team on 0121 234 7612 or firstname.lastname@example.org