DevOps Software Engineer
Join us as a DevOps Software Engineer
What you'll do
- If you're an experienced software engineer and looking for a new challenge, this role will offer a chance to help define and drive the adoption of DevOps processes and tools across the organisation
- This is an opportunity to be part of a large-scale digital transformation programme, modernizing a highly critical banking platform as it migrates from legacy systems to new microservices-based architecture, adopting modern DevOps tooling and platforms
- Join this dynamic, experienced and multi-cultural team, you'll discover a big focus on knowledge sharing and development, as well as a flexible approach to your working day
The purpose of the role is to embed a DevOps culture in our organisation through specific focus on tasks that allow our teams to realise a step change in the way we develop and operate. This includes the removal of process and documentation by way of automated tooling, workflows and delivery mechanisms.
You'll help define and drive the adoption of DevOps processes and tools, as well as supporting and maintaining a CI and CD tooling pipeline.
Key elements of the role are to include:
The skills you'll need
- Supporting the full software delivery lifecycle, from development through to release and into production, of a highly critical banking platform
- Operating using Agile principles and practices
- Creating, supporting and operating tooling and processes that are focused on increasing velocity of the development community
- Ensuring quality and automation throughout, and of, the software development lifecycle
- Owning the delivery of software from conception to delivery on our customers devices
- Collaborating with peers to drive a change in mind-set and skills adoption across the wider bank
To be successful in this role, you'll have either a software development or IT infrastructure and operations background, as well as knowledge of Infrastructure-as-Code concepts and tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Chef or Puppet.
You'll also bring:
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration or Continuous Delivery concepts and tools such as TeamCity, Jenkins or Bamboo
- Experience of complex systems, including UNIX or Linux systems, networking, databases and security
- Experience of working for a company with an eComm based customer segment
- Knowledge and experience of Agile methodologies
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with colleagues to share knowledge
- Commercial experience of building a product which has been sold to customers