Data Quality & Metadata Manager
- GBP50000 - GBP55000 per annum
- Bristol, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 15 Apr 19
Accountabilities for Data Management across Group Transformation and you'll ensure effective rules and controls are in place around our data to protect customers, colleagues and shareholders.
Helping Britain Prosper is at the heart of our strategic vision, making now an exciting time to join Lloyds Banking Group. Having received significant investment, the Group Transformation division is embarking on ambitious plans to deliver strategic change.
The Data team within Group Transformation is essential to the success of this by keeping data at the centre of the solutions we deliver.
Are you an ambitious individual who enjoys working on overall strategy as well as detailed data solutions, if so this could be the right role for you? If you have the right attitude and experience, we're looking for a Data Quality & Metadata Manager. You'll be part of a small team dedicated to supporting the Divisional Data Office (DDO) Head of Function. The team has accountabilities for Data Management across Group Transformation and you'll ensure effective rules and controls are in place around our data to protect customers, colleagues and shareholders.
What will you be accountable for?
- You'll support the development and implementation of processes to enable application owners to deliver and maintain data quality and metadata to group policy and regulatory requirements
- Provide support and consultancy on the Group's data quality and metadata tools, providing training and technical support where required
- Support resolution of data quality issues within the division
- You will support the maintenance of data management related risk and associated action plans and escalate these as necessary, including breaches in Policy or deviation from standard
- Engage with Value Streams and projects to support appropriate Data Quality and metadata delivery as part of their requirements
- Communicate the benefits of data management across the division, championing the need for it and ensuring those in data related roles know what they need to do
- Produce reports on divisional progress via dashboards and input into governance committees
What are we looking for?
- You'll have experience of data management at both a practical and policy level, specifically data quality and metadata
- You need a deep understanding of how data is used in the business and what are the most critical types of data
- Understand and evaluate data related concepts and decisions
- You'll be able to challenge Data Owners and Consumers, regularly reviewing data standards and supporting the resolution conflicts
- Build and maintain internal networks to optimise business results
- Adopt and excel using agile delivery methodology as part of a strong performing team
- Demonstrate and embed our Group Values
How will we reward you?
In addition to the salary range quoted our comprehensive total reward package includes a performance-related bonus, private medical care, a car/allowance for managers and senior managers, share schemes and generous contributory pension as well as flex cash pot from which to choose from a wide range of benefits.
The culture in Lloyds brings together talented people from diverse backgrounds who enjoy a collaborative environment that supports flexible and agile working. With a host of onward career options and the possibility of finding a working pattern and structure to suit your lifestyle we're confident you'll enjoy the move to us.
If this role is for you then we would welcome your application.
Location: Bristol based with travel to other hub locations including London.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities.With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.