Chief Financial Officer (Part-Time)
- Market Competitive
- Bristol, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Part time
- Reach Robotics
- 21 Oct 17 2017-10-21
At Reach Robotics, we are creating the future of gaming; an experience that straddles the virtual and real worlds by combining Robotics, Gaming and Augmented Reality.
The MekaMon™ platform is our first product; controlled by smartphones or tablet, users can engage in multiple game modes. From simple arcade games to battling against others in multi-player mode to competing against augmented reality opponents in single player mode. The robots are upgradeable via physical add-ons that change their performance and appearance.
Following a successful beta sales launch of our MekaMon gaming robots, we have just closed a Series A investment round and are entering into retail this year with an aggressive expansion plan for 2018. We manufacture a complex physical product with multiple opportunities for generating revenue and now need to implement the right financial strategy to be able to execute our growth plans.
As Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and reporting into the CEO, you will be joining us at a critical stage where you will architect and lay the foundations of our financial strategy. You'll have book keeping and day to day financial support from our office manager and in-house finance manager.
If this sounds like you, the future of gaming isn’t waiting around and neither are we. We need you as a key part of that growth.
• Working with all departments to forecast and manage cash flow
• Setup inventory management systems in conjunction with the COO
• Support the COO with creating the most efficient strategy for setting up logistics operations in new geographical markets
• Domestic tax related work - Corporation, VAT, R&D, identifying various tax relief opportunities
• Identifying and securing funding opportunities
• International tax and import / export responsibilities– for the primary global market
• Monthly KPI and business metrics reporting analysis to support decision making.
• Company-wide budgeting
• Qualified Accountant - ACA/CIMA with a minimum of 5 years’ experience within a B2C company
• Experience working at a fast-growing hardware start-up
• Inventory and stock management
• Import / Export and associated taxation experience
• Experience with various methods of financing and implementing them e.g. PO financing, Debt financing and Inventory financing.
• A tech enthusiast who enjoys the demands of a high-growth business and understands the opportunities, challenges and limitations
• Ability to work under pressure and multi-task to meet aggressive time schedules
• Strong financial analysis and modelling skills
• Excellent written and oral communication with the ability to present to company execs.
• Extensive fund-raising experience (as a minimum, Series A and Series B) and preparation of supporting documents
• Xero experience is a plus (or expertise in a new system that you are willing to set-up in a short amount of time.