Our insurance division also includes an individual protection team with a portfolio of intermediated products. Both the group and individual teams work closely together so opportunities to work within both business lines are potentially available depending on experience.
To develop sustainable and profitable business relationships with a panel of nominated advisors.The successful applicant will work with a panel of advisers and be tasked with retaining existing customers and acquiring new customers to Canada Life.
To achieve or exceed annual targets through selling the complete Canada Life Group Risk proposition.
To provide market intelligence in agreed formats and to assist Canada Life in becoming the preferred supplier of Group Risk products through demonstrating exemplary sales behaviours and technical excellence. The products are Group Life, Group Income Protection and Group Critical Illness. Routes to market include employer sponsorship, flexible benefits and voluntary benefits.
The key elements of the role
• Telephone based, virtual and F2F proposition selling, using agreed and compliant materials.
• To work with advisors and colleagues to retain existing profitable schemes and to write new business.
• Focus should be on the volume of cases which support our strategic objectives with feedback given in the agreed formats.
• Regular interaction with sales management and the rest of the sales team to remain up to date with the latest product, portfolio, and market developments.
• To ensure that advisers are kept up to date on all Canada Life materials and propositions as they are launched, amended, or released.
• To ensure that new business followed up and that feedback is given in the agreed formats
• To undertake all tender and external/internal presentation work for cases of strategic focus.
• To build professional relationships and seek specific business partnership opportunities such as SEAs and preferred or sole provider arrangements, working with sales management and other functions within the business such as scheme underwriting and finance to achieve this.
What we're looking for
• Experience in the group risk market is preferable but not essential, experience in other areas of protection or general financial services would also be considered.
• An individual who will embrace our values of Together, Excellence, People, and Integrity.
• Sales or sales admin experience preferable.
• An engaging individual that can build strong relationships over all forms of communication.
• An individual with excellent time management skills who can proactively deal with large volumes of both incoming and outgoing calls, virtual comms, and emails.
• Excellent presentation and written communication skills.
• A team player who will engage with the rest of the sales force to share ideas, market intelligence, and help to drive the team forward.
• Ideally attained or working towards GR1. Other CII or LIBF certificates will be taken into consideration.
• As required – historically this is an office-based role with occasional travel, requiring overnight and flexible hours to meet demands of the role.
We’re proud of our business. The benefits of joining our team….
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you’ll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including car allowance, income protection, private medical insurance, and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You’ll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development.
Our focus is to have an engaged, committed and motivated work force, operating in a high performing and collaborative culture. We want to create an organisation that offers opportunities for all our people to develop their skills and talent, and build rewarding careers with us.
This role will play a large part in supporting the transformation and the future growth of the business within the Insurance function, so we can continue to provide security and peace of mind to our customers by offering protection, home finance and annuities propositions, and deliver great service and propositions that are valued by our customers.
Canada Life Culture & Values
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
About Canada Life
Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers.