- Bristol, England, United Kingdom Bristol England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Mar 18 2018-03-17
See job description for details
Join us as a Business Analyst in Bristol or London
- Hone your project skills and take on a new challenge with great learning and development potential
- You'll provide analysis for a range of change projects Private Banking Performance & Business Management, with the aim of improving how we work and serve our customers
- You'll be joining a collaborative, forward-thinking team culture with a commitment to flexible working and professional development
What you'll do
Private Banking Performance & Business Management are creating a new structure, with Accelerator Hubs using Agile techniques to deliver small, rapid changes. You'll act as deputy to the Scrum Master in one of the hubs, building a deep understanding of business and project objectives, defining requirements, and working collaboratively to identify solutions that will deliver value for our customers.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Drawing on your expertise to interpret complex requirements and contributing to effective and innovative solution designs
- Clearly articulating the wider business impact of projects, in relation to key outputs and processes
- Managing the analysis of complex cross franchise and pan-bank requirements
- Providing coaching and direction for junior analyst, and fostering a supportive and collaborative team culture
- Capturing, validating and documenting business requirements, ensuring they're in line with key strategic principles
- Interpreting diverse constellations of data in relation to project goals and progress
- Investigating feasibility and solution options and performing impact analysis
- Planning ahead to mitigate project risks and following project controls and governance principles
- Working with a range of stakeholders and collaborating across different project and business areas
- Proactively identifying process gaps and ways of improving how we work
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a great communicator with experience in business analysis. You'll also need a strong mix of analytic, technical and problem solving skills, and a collaborative approach to your work. Experience of Agile techniques would also be a plus.
We'll also expect:
- An understanding of relevant business processes and the project life-cycle
- The ability to design and test solutions, and to understand system complexities
- Experience of analysing problems and coming up with effective solutions, using business analysis tools and techniques
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Attention to detail and a logical approach to problem solving
- A record of working effectively with others to deliver on shared goals
- The enthusiasm to take the initiative, keep learning, and explore new ideas and possibilities
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At Coutts, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.