Job Description Summary:
Come and think independently with an organisation that's doing the same. We're determined to help shape a Vibrant Economy in the UK and beyond. It's why we empower our people to bring new ideas to the table and take the lead in driving them forward. It's invigorating. It's inspiring. It's creating opportunities every day for our clients, our business, and everyone here. So, bring your passion, ambitions and ideas, and together, let's make change happen. The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
Our clients operate in uncertain times. It's our job to work with them to help them grow sustainably and fulfil their responsibilities. In audit, we work with clients of all different sizes across many different sectors. You'll work with clients at their sites, getting to the heart of how they work and the challenges they face. Making the most of your audit experience and client management skills, you'll help our clients mitigate risks and work more effectively. And you'll help to shape a vibrant economy and contribute to making sure the whole business community is built on trust and integrity. Job Description:
The Audit team in Bristol has a newly created Audit Manager role looking after a cross selection of clients. There will be some day to day operational management as well as looking after a strong portfolio of clients. This role comes with great opportunity for progression in a growing team. What you'll be doing:
• Assists in the production and presentation of proposals for new work
• Organises and attends office marketing events, is aware of the wider range of services the firm offers and suggests innovative products to address the clients' needs
• Responsible for managing key client portfolio and building and maintaining good working relationships with all colleagues and clients
• Ensures key matters which arise during the audit which were not identified at the planning stage are properly assessed and dealt with
• Determines that all audit reports reflect the work performed and meet set reporting and auditing standards
• Adheres to the firms risk management policies and procedures, including being familiar with and consulting the audit manual and advising junior employees on application of procedures Who we're looking for:
- you'll have post qualified experience (ACA, CA, ACCA or equivalent) (minimum criteria)
- you'll have experience of managing a sizeable portfolio of external audit clients (minimum criteria
- Previous experience as an Audit Manager
- Experience of managing a portfolio ideally across a number of industries
- Responsible for managing audit teams on specific assignments, with specific line management responsibility for a group of employees to ensure audit work is appropriately completed to satisfy audit objectives
- Manages, motivates and coaches team members and provides feedback through regular communication and timely appraisal whilst being familiar with relevant training and development option
- Controls the audit in relation to timescales, budgets and risk management procedures
- Consistently achieves deadlines and understands the commercial implications of actions relating to productivity, recoverability, fee income and client service
- Communicates workload with senior manager or partner
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values - Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We're looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
- Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
- We create sustainable value for our clients
- We are better together
- Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
- We never compromise on quality
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you'll be able to shape your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and across our global network of member firms. You'll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs. Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. Over the past few years we've been making big changes - moving towards becoming a shared enterprise. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we're better together.