Associate Director Sales - Content and Standards
Summary of Role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen to support the IHS Markit's Engineering and Product Design Business Line (E&PD) as an Associate Director Sales - Content and Standards. The Associate Director Sales - Content and Standards works within a team that sells specific new products and solutions to existing and new customers in the UK.
These solutions are; Engineering Standards, Knowledge Collections, Technical eBooks & Articles, Patents and the Engineering Workbench standards management tools. The Sales Executive works on issues of diverse scope requiring analysis of a variety of factors within a broad sales framework.
With an understanding of the value the solution brings to the customer, business, financials, products, services and account needs, the Sales Executive answers customer questions or requests. In addition, this role plans own territory or account approaches on assigned objectives. Principal Accountabilities:
- Generates a substantive sales pipeline using core sales processes to produce revenue in line with quota
- Ensure that accurate forecasting, pipeline management and other sales process / infrastructures are established
- Builds effective long-term relationships / high level of customer delight - with key senior-level decision makers and influencers across an assigned group of customer accounts
- Provides "Insight" to customer decision making through Industry, business and extensive product knowledge
- Able to clearly articulate the IHS Markit E&PD value proposition
- Mainly involved in selling new products and solutions - works with limited direction or oversight required
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis requires evaluation of a variety of factors within a broad sales framework including a strong understanding of addressing customer needs
- Has developed a deep understanding of business, financials, products and services and account needs
- Will answer customer questions /requests based upon interpreting facts, developing recommendations, or resolution of issues
- Plans own territory or account approach based on assigned objectives
Required Skills and Experience:
- University degree (bachelor's or equivalent) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- +8 years' sales experience
- Deep industry products and services knowledge
- Long experience with creating compelling value propositions and able to handle complex sales processes
- Has a high level of industry expertise and networks
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact email@example.com or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.