Home Insurance Customer Advisor
- Bournemouth, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 21 Apr 19
Home Insurance Customer Advisor
24 April 2019
Please note, this vacancy will close at 00:01am on the specified closing date rather than 11:59pm. Please ensure all applications are received before 00.01am on the specified closing date.
£18,054 - £20,060
We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Unable to Offer Agile Options
Job Description Summary
To our customers, a home is so much more than just walls and a roof - it's where they live, where they and their belongings are kept safe. As a Home Insurance Customer Advisor you'll make sure that our customers receive the best policy to safeguard their precious home and belongings.
It's a highly satisfying and challenging role. Like all of us, you'll put customers first and help us become the best bank for customers. It is a telephone based role with our customers calling you and on each call you will be offering support, listening to our customers' needs and providing direction to both new and existing home insurance customers.
In our Contact Centre the majority of your day will be spent on the phone talking to our customers, providing new quotes and dealing with existing customer queries, so you'll need to love communicating with them and building relationships over the phone. We require the ability to learn and retain product information on an on going basis as well as using a variety of computer systems. You'll need to be able to handle customer objections and potential complaints along with ensuring that you are doing the right thing for our customers by using your own initiative to find the relevant solution for them. Previous experience in insurance is a plus but not essential as you'll receive the training you need to reach your full potential.
As a committed, dedicated member of our team you'll work 35 hours per week across a variety of shift patterns on a rota basis within our opening hours which are currently Monday to Friday 8 am - 8 pm and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm. You will be located within your team in our Bournemouth contact centre. The contact centre has a great atmosphere and plenty of opportunities to advance your career after 12 months in this role. We have a great benefits package including 22 days holiday and contributory pension scheme and the starting salary for this role is £19437.
Our next start date is 3rd June - please note that we review applications as they are submitted and may close the vacancy early if we have filled all our positions. We recommend submitting your application at your earliest opportunity so you don't miss out.
- Consistently achieves / exceeds all individually agreed personal targets to deliver business sales, retention and service measures
• Takes ownership to deliver the operational requirements of risk management through quality performance
• Utilises various IT applications to provide the highest level of service to each customer
• To be a true advocate of our business vision & values, demonstrating this at each interaction with colleagues and customers alike
• Takes responsibility to manage own performance and self-development, actively supports a process of continuous improvement, ensuring that wider business needs are met
• Ensure that systems, FCA requirements and multiple branded product knowledge are always kept up to date
• Ability to use customer, multiple brand and product information persuasively, to influence customer decisions in an assertive and professional manner
• Adhere to TCF principles by building relationships with customers to understand their personal requirements whilst offering the right product(s) and solution(s) every time
• Positively represents LBG diverse range of products and services, advocating and promoting features and benefits that will support the customer's requirements
• Use your best judgement to make the right decisions on the most effective mediums by which to secure a sale or retention business, including outbound calling
• Deliver a simple, efficient and straightforward customer experience with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy, aiming to meet the customer's needs on the first call
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.