Finance Analyst Supporting Global Technology Infrastructure
Business Unit Overview
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is a global organization providing technology infrastructure to the firm's lines of business (LOB), which encompasses 6,500 applications and 250,000 end users in more than 100 countries.
The Finance and Business Management (F&BM) team partners with GTI Leadership and their teams to achieve its financials, strategic and control objectives - and is responsible for budgeting, forecasting, allocations, financial analytics and reporting, workforce management including location strategy planning and vendor management support. Responsibilities
Reporting to the local finance manager, the incumbent's responsibilities and tasks will include but not be limited to financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting and reporting, resource management, product costing/pricing, product consumption planning and analysis. The role provides good exposure to the GTI Technology Managers, GTI Product Managers, Strategic Sourcing, Accounting, Vendor Management, and the wider Business and Financial Management teams.
Specific responsibilities include:-
- Gather financial data from Product Managers to prepare multi-year budget and maintain a realistic outlook.
- Present monthly product expenses to Product Managers, including analysis of financials, consumption/demand planning and billing trends. Collect feedback and ensure that the business understands the financial impact of their roadmaps and that they are reflected correctly in the multi-year outlook.
- Ensure monthly activities and reporting processes are complete - including uploading outlook, supporting monthly accruals and prepaids management through interaction with accounting teams, highlighting risks and opportunities, tracking productivity, variance analysis and preparing estimated expense and headcount totals for the month and full year.
- Support the approval process for all spend requests, including vendor contracts and resource hiring. Highlight any impacts to budget and outlook and ensuring that expenses are accounted for correctly.
- Report on and monitor key metrics, drive data quality initiatives across the products.
- Manage total cost of ownership product calculation, product margin and effective rates through use of industry standard tool sets.
- Support delivery of annual product and pricing changes - including introduction/retirement of products, creation of new products and provide annual pricing guidance - analyzing the impact to customers (LOBs).
- Assist with managing team workflow and responsibilities on monthly activities, special projects and annual processes.
- Support investment portfolio prioritization reviews and approval processes. Track major investment spend and review with Product Managers. Ensure project requests align with strategy, with realistic timing and the correct accounting principles are applied.
- Partner with Product Managers to help drive resource and location strategies.
- Support Product Managers in vendor re-negotiations - including providing historic spend, forecast detail, expense type clarification and renewal timing. Ensure that business owners are aware of their responsibilities in managing vendor relationships, including interaction with sourcing, accounting and vendor management teams.
- A d-hoc financial queries and reporting requirements.
- Share best practices and experiences.
Qualifications and Experience
- Solid financial discipline
- Strong communicator
- Good relationship builder
- Logical, clear thinker
- Ability to deal with several priorities simultaneously and maintain a flexible approach
- Proactive approach to improvement & driving change
- Results and deadline focused
- Process and detail oriented
- Excellent spreadsheet skills
- 2+ years of experience in a finance role or equivalent studying
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred
- Cost modeling experience a plus
- A keen interest in technology