Engineer Experience Strategy
As one of the main technology HUBS For EMEA thescope of work in Bournemouth is truly remarkable, we are at the forefront ofinnovation within the financial services industry and are pioneering the use ofcutting edge technologies.
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-firstinto creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You'lljoin an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving thedesign, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programmingthat goes into creating high quality software and new products. You'll betasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on theprogress of what's being developed. Coming in with an understanding of theimportance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key.And best of all, you'll be working with and sharing ideas, information andinnovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
This role requires a passionate and highly technicalindividual. You will be a member of the EngineerExperience Team, which forms part of the Core Engineering Organisation, withinthe Chief Technology Office (CTO). This team focuses on reducing friction / improvingthe end-to-end experience for our engineers at JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Your focus will be on developing technical / architecturaldesigns to mitigate bureaucratic processes. A data-driven approach toJourney Mapping allows the team to capture the end-to-end experience as anengineer fulfils all of the steps required to achieve their goal. Workingwith engineering community representatives, you will create current and futurestates of the experience and create quantifiable opportunities that will improvethe experience, enabling product owners to effectively prioritise these withintheir backlogs. Friction Points are a way for the engineering communityto raise systemic issues that are impacting engineer productivity, deliverytimes or software quality. You will help to facilitate & influencehow these systemic issues are mitigated by working directly with those who areimpacted by these issues and the product owners who are responsible for thetooling/process.
You will work with a wide range of groups, stakeholders andsenior leaders spanning all Lines of Business and Corporate Functions toinfluence and drive the vision of a best in class Engineer Experience.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths andcapabilities, including:
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecturedisciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individualsthroughout the firm to accomplish common goals
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development,maintenance and software improvement
- Scope, plan and build end-to-end Journey Maps for coreengineering capabilities factoring all high-level steps required for an engineerto achieve their goal
- Work with the engineering community as part of journeymapping activities to derive key, quantifiable opportunities for improvement
- Influence the prioritization of journey opportunitieswith the core toolchain product owners and other senior stakeholders
- Review and triage Friction Points, working with thereporter and resolution team to ensure regular updates are posted back to theengineering community
- Build and iterate research and development projectsfor newly emerging workstreams
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its JPMorgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government's Disability Confident Scheme.