CIB Operations - EMEA Core Cash Operations - Payments Services Lead - Executive Director - Bournemouth
J.P. Morgan is a global leader infinancial services, offering solutions to the world's most importantcorporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries.
J.P. Morgan has operated in Europe fornearly 200 years and has a sophisticated local market presence across Europe,the Middle East and Africa (EMEA). Within the region, J.P. Morgan has anunparalleled client base and leadership across the spectrum of financialservices products. In the UK, the firm has offices in London, Bournemouth,Glasgow and Edinburgh - with London serving as the headquarters of the EMEAregion. The Bournemouth campus is the largest private sector employer inDorset, offering technology and operational processing. The European TechnologyCenter, based in Glasgow, is one of the largest technology employers inScotland, with Edinburgh as the center for the Investor Services business.
Over 4,000 employees work at theBournemouth Corporate Center. We take immense pride in our work and in helpingour community. We're proud to leverage the local workforce and engage closely withlocal schools and charities. Our campus is set in 13 acres of grounds andincludes on-site Tennis Courts and easy access to local sports facilities. Wehave good transport links including our commuter bus service. The site iscurrently benefitting from massive investment, redeveloping the office spaceinto a High Performance Workspace and adding exciting new offerings to ourcommunal spaces. We have 2 restaurants on site offering a wide range of healthyoptions. The staff are able to join in a wide range of groups from yoga to languageclasses, to groups supporting the diverse range of cultures represented here.
CIB EMEA Banking Operations provides:
- electronic payments,
- cash management,
- nostro management,
- global financial messaging,
- liquidity services and
- command centre services.
We help our clients manage their treasury operations with greater visibility, transparency and standarsisation.
We are in an exciting period of fundamental strategic change with the implementation of Global Payments Strategy (GPS) through 2017-2019. GPS is a strategic, multi-year program with a key focus on building a single global platform solution for high and low value payments. In order to navigate this strategic change program and to ensure the existing service improvement agenda gains momentum, a new Executive Director level role is being created to be accountable for High Value and Low Value payments across the region,
The EMEA Core Cash Operations (ECCO) Payments services Lead will be responsible for:
- providing domestic and cross-border payments by Wire and Automated Clearinghouse (ACH) throughout the region,
- ensuring operations have submitted full and high quality requirements into GPS, engaged appropriately throughout the development cycle and are operationally prepared for multiple forthcoming implementations
- leading the EMEA Payments Continual Service Improvement plan
Additional responsibilities include:
- Service owner for EMEA high and low value payments operations
- Primary strategic partner with EMEA payments product and technology teams, EMEA branch operations, compliance, risk and controls.
- Accountable for:
- Improving Service Quality
- Reducing operational risk
- Financial plan and investment planning
- Continual Service Improvement
- M eeting project commitments and SLA's
.... through evidence based approach (data / information / metrics)
- Creating a high performing culture
- Direct staff management - circa 15
- Matrix management - circa 130
The ECCO Payments services Lead will report directly to the MD responsible for ECCO Skills
The successful candidate will have a consistent track record implementing within complex environments.
- You will promote an inclusive work environment and respect individuals at all levels
- You exemplify the highest standards of ethics and integrity
- You possess the ability to work on a diverse team and with a diverse range of people
- You foster a team culture where:
- risk/control issues are escalated and trends are anticipated, identified and remedied
- the quality of the client experience is a priority
- continual service improvement is the responsibility of all
- You promote partnership; encourage collaboration and transparency
- You are sufficiently knowledgeable of banking operations functions to operate effectively in a multi-functional role