J.P. Morgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm. The firm is a leader in investment banking; financial services for consumers and businesses, transaction processing, asset and wealth management, and private equity. Under the JPMC brand, the firm services millions of customers in the United States and abroad. This includes many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients.
This management position, will report to the Global Support Manager. Candidate will work closely with this manager to build and manage a robust support team responsible for assigned critical applications. They will have leadership responsibility for Level 1 (L1) and Level 2 (L2) team resources supporting several key products and systems. In this role, they will also work closely with our business and technology partner teams.
The Application Support Manager is responsible for coordinating and leading resources that provide 24 x 7 x 365 coverage performing L1 & L2 caliber troubleshooting/triage of incidents, working trouble tickets, completing escalation management, providing monitoring support at the infrastructure, application & middleware layers, and reporting/resolving of incidents for our production environments. Responsibilities also include the identification and use of best practices, implementation of new processes and disciplines, and management of training activities for the staff. In this role the manager will also define and negotiate Service Level Agreements for the supported applications and their interfaces. This position will ensure that incident, problem, change management, and risk management procedures and processes are applied and followed as required.
The manager is required to quickly evaluate information, engage and assist technology staff, and communicate issues to help remediate and resolve production problems efficiently and effectively. In support of incident management and problem management functions, they work closely with other groups as needed to mitigate client impacts and operate within defined SLAs.
They are accountable to develop and implement tactical and strategic approaches to eliminate incidents, or the reoccurrence of service disruptions, to lower the probability of reoccurrence, or to lessen the impacts from incidents. Included in the expectations is a requirement to continually drive process improvements.
The manager is also responsible for coordinating with various Project Management Office (PMO) groups to understand current projects and be part of the overall program delivery model, including review and acceptance of key project deliverables into production environments. They will ensure all required monitoring and training updates are completed prior to production acceptance. Responsibilities
• Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
• Manages the application support personnel (employees and contractors) assigned for the team.
• Interacts with peer groups, Director level executives and other senior level executives as needed in delivering the objectives for the production operations unit assigned.
• Maintains effective relationships with core and extended program team members, peers, senior stakeholders and business managers.
• Ensures monitoring alerts and systems events are assessed, prioritized, and managed
• Manages client impacting incidents including business impact assessment, technical resolution, engagement, and communications
• Ensures team complies with JPMC standards, regulations, and corporate requirements
• Coordinates scheduling of personnel to ensure optimal and adequate shift coverage
• Drives the implementation and adherence to incident, problem, and change management processes
• Performs 1st and 2nd level support for application and platform incidents as needed.
•E nsures potential client impacting incidents are identified and remediated prior to client impact or remediated as soon as possible after issues arise
• Builds and maintains strong relationships with JPMC technology teams and business partners to indentify process improvement opportunities
• Collaborates with JPMC technology teams and business partners to understand application functions and related downstream processing components
• Drives continuous improvement of services and processes in order to increase platform stability and realize operational efficiencies
• Participates in post incident reviews for client impacting incidents
• Identifies post incident review action items and process improvement opportunities
• Works with Change Management/ Release Managers on the evaluation of change events
• Manages technical bridges and/or business bridges, as required, as well as uses knowledge of support organizations to minimize MTTR (Mean Time to Recover)
• Supports or leads as needed Resiliency events (Disaster Recovery, Sustained Resiliency, etc.)
• Ensures Business Continuity objectives are met
• Aligns service offerings with business strategies, goals, and objectives
• Assists in translating business requirements into proposed IT services & solutions
• Develops and distributes performance metrics for core services and reporting for the unit
• Designs & implements customer satisfaction surveys and measurements
• Develops and maintains process and procedure documentation (knowledge management)
• Collaborates with technology and business partners to continuously identify proactive monitoring and health check opportunities
• Assures Operations Run Book and other knowledge management documents are up to date
• Contributes to the evaluation, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of monitoring tools used
• Provides technical and procedural training, coaching and guidance to support analysts
• Assists manager in resolving high level conflicts or program issues by making decisions or negotiating with affected senior management
• Ensures the project activities, as may be assigned, are completed within established time and budgets, and that objectives conform to corporation's overall standards and operations objectives
• Serves as a backup to the manager's when the manager is un-available, including any necessary interaction with senior managers
• Drives development and adherence with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for the unit
• Coordinates completion of "Fire Drills" or other team practices that drive increased team capabilities and results
• Oversees compliance with administrative practices and objectives
• Creates working environments that supports cultural variability and utilization of global resources
• Supports implementation of DevOps practices
• Drives engineering or development initiatives to improve system stability. Required and Preferred Skills:
• A strong application development background with a solid understanding of development methodologies
• A strong application support background with client facing internet and back office applications
• Understanding of the design and implementation of proactive monitoring and health checks
• ITIL Incident management life cycle skills and experience
• Knowledge of incident, problem management, ticket, change, and risk management processes and tools
• Experience with setup and tuning of application monitoring tools ( GENEOS, Splunk ).
• Experience supporting applications using the following technologies: Wintel, Linux, Sun OS, Oracle, SQL Server
• Automation Scripting (python, bash, korn, perl etc.) experience
• Knowledge (documentation) management experience
• Ability to influence and lead technical conversations with varied IT support groups
• Able to make trusted and unbiased judgments
• Experience understanding performance metrics
• Solid project management skills, especially in a cross-functional environment
• IT process design & implementation skills and experience
• Ability to forecast IT Services based on business requirements and demand
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Experience using a structured software development methodology in a large corporate or consulting environment
• Ability to work independently as a self-starter, and within a team environment
• Excellent prioritization, organizational and time management skills
• Solid experience in documenting requirements and technical specifications
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Influence and negotiation skills
• Bachelors degree or educational equivalent
•Experience in Application Production Support Experience Commercial Banking, Investment Banking or Treasury Services Product experience (Preferred)
•Knowledge of IT management experience with background in application development and/or production support operational experience
Relevant production support and incident management experience
•E xperience with help desk ticketing (such as Service Manager) and change control systems