- Great Benefits!
- Blackpool, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- DWP Digital
- 20 Feb 19
Do you want to be part of something really big? Are you a User Researcher who wants to contribute to better public services? Are you ready to be involved in one in an epic digital transformation that may be the biggest in Europe? Then look no further… we would love to hear from you!
We are looking for 12 x User Researchers to work with us on one of the largest transformation programmes in Europe, providing services that have far-reaching and pivotal roles in citizens' lives. In BPDTS a relaxed culture empowers our teams to focus entirely on the incredible outcomes we're trying to achieve.
We know that better digital services in government will mean better public services, with the power to make a difference to lives of 22 million UK citizens. Our fast growing digital community is driving that change.
If you're creative and curious to learn, if you want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you'll love it here! About you and the role
You, and the team around you, will have a role crucial in the discovery and delivery of departmental initiatives. You are our eyes and ears in the field. You'll be responsible for communicating with our users and championing ideas to your team members and stakeholders in order to deliver on vital life-changing projects.
What are we looking for?
- You are a User Researcher with Qualitative and Quantitative research experience
- You have experience of conducting contextual and discovery phase research
- You can conduct hands-on and face-to-face user research
- You have experience of Guerrilla/Pop-up testing
- You have experience of moderating usability sessions and interviewing
- You can conduct user testing, analysis and report writing
- Have a proven track record in user research and are experienced in using a variety of user researcher methodologies to build a rich picture of customers and other user groups
- Extensive experience of conducting user research and the research process including: drafting discussions guides; recruiting respondents; organising test venues and mobilising resources; carrying out guerrilla/pop-up testing; interviewing; and moderating focus groups and usability (lab) test sessions
- Able to create exciting research stimulus and paper prototypes
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Intellectually strong, with the ability to see the bigger picture and translate business issues and needs into relevant, actionable research plans and objectives
- Able to coach junior colleagues and oversee their work
- Experienced in weighing up evidence from various (and potentially conflicting) sources
- Able to turn data into valuable insights that inform decisions. Ability to draw and present sound conclusions based on qualitative and quantitative evidence
- Excellent communications skills and ability to present research findings in a creative and compelling way, tailored to the needs of the audience
- Be able to confidently explain research findings to colleagues and senior stakeholders and be a persuasive advocate for user needs
- Able to deliver at pace, with a commitment to agile and continuous iterative development
- Able to show tenacity to ensure the appropriate balance of stakeholder needs is achieved
Where will you work?
BPDTS Ltd provides dedicated services to the Department for Work and Pensions. Our digital, data and technology specialists work closely with experts in DWP Digital's community to make digital services quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them.
You'll join us in one of our easy-to-reach digital hubs in Blackpool, London, Manchester or Newcastle. Each of our nationwide hubs has been designed for and by members of our digital community. We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multi-disciplinary teams think big and try new things.
- Our central hubs have the best of each location on our doorstep, and we have a range of facilities inside from coffee shops and restaurants, to table tennis, a swimming pool, gym facilities and loads more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
What is our offer?
- We'll reward you with a very competitive salary of up to £49,812 dependant on level of expertise
- You will be eligible for a pension with employer contributions of up to 10%
- We can offer you a performance-related annual bonus of up to 10%
- We'll help you balance your life and work
- We'll give you a generous leave allowance, with the option to buy and sell extra days
- We also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package - including a cycle to work scheme and lots of family friendly perks - which can be tailored to your lifestyle.
Building our future
We believe the work we do really matters, so we're serious about investing in you. You'll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills you'll acquire on the job. You'll get the chance to share knowledge with colleagues from across our digital communities, and to grow your skills through our coaching and mentoring programmes.
For further information and to start your application click to formally apply online. You will need to register your cv and add your supporting statement.
Please contact ,gov.uk if you require any additional details.